Chapter 13

Ashley's POV

The sounds of the crickets and gusting of the wind always had a calming effect on me. Four days in my senior year and so many thing already happened.

My peaceful thoughts was interrupted by the hard knock on my wooden oak door. "Come in."

Lisa, one of our helper entered. "Your dinner's ready." She said.

"Do you know when my parent's coming back?" I asked. I can't help buy pity myself for being a self proclaimed orphan even if both of my parents were still alive. Both of them were career people and always traveling around the world for business trip. I may have every material things a teen on my age would have wanted but my one true desire cannot be bought by money.

"They should be back in a month." She politely responded.

I silently sighed. "Can you just bring my dinner here... and call Andrea." I commanded. She then exited my room and I went back outside the veranda to gaze at the stars.

A few moments later and Lisa came back with some other helpers. I motioned to set my dinner at the veranda. It was such a lovely evening but it was such a waste to spend it alone.

As I took a seat, Andrea entered my room. Unlike the others, she doesn't need to knock. "You called?"

"Yes. Will you join me for dinner?" I asked and motioned the empty seat in front of me.

"Oh... I already had dinner with my parents." I frowned in disappointment. "But I think I still have room for dessert" She said and took a seat. She must have read my face. "And you know how slow I eat so I know you'll be joining me for dessert in no time." She smiled and my heart melted by her kindness. I hated eating alone, buy food was a necessity to survive. It's really lonely to eat alone so I learned to eat fast.

Unlike me, Andrea shared dinner with her parents. I sometimes hear the joyfulness of our helper when they ate together. I have always wanted to join them but I was too shy and they might feel awkward. And even if my parents were around. Dinner's full of tension and uneasiness.

"You seemed off today." Andrea said between bites.

"You shouldn't talk when your mouth is full." I joked.

"And you should chew your food." She responded and we both laugh. "Is it because of Ms. Thompson?"

"Who?" I asked. The name sounded familiar but I can't seem to remember.

"My goodness! Don't tell me you have been hanging with her without knowing her name!" My eyes widened at her statement. I'm such an idiot.

"Oh! Dylan! Hehe..." I shyly resumed eating my dinner hoping for her to drop the conversation. I'm too embarrassed at myself.

"Yes her. She's also in our group for science. You do remember about that right?"

"Of course! We were supposed to do it together in Court's house with everyone." At the mere though of everyone, I suddenly lose my appetite. Court and Emily's both with the Jocks and jocks always come in group and that means Chris is going to be there. Events that happened yesterday began to fill my mind.

"Chris! for crying out loud take a bath with alcohol to cleanse that dirty mind of yours!" I said as he continued with the idea of Andrea and I being together.

"You know... I'm sick of you! I have been good and very patience with you. So today I'm going to take what's mine." He threatened. I remembered his words from the rooftop. He's family's more influential than mine and add the fact that he got family who had high positions in the government.

The Princess and the NerdOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara