Chapter 12

Dylan's POV

"I though I'd find you here." I heard my cousin said. But I stayed still and just hummed in response. "It's not like you to skip school and it's only the fourth day of classes." That got my attention. Due to the event that happened yesterday, I decided not to show up for school. It's just the beginning of the year and I'm sure I won't miss a lot.

" I really hate this place you know." She added as she took a seat besides the cot that I was lying outside the veranda.

"You hated this place because you needed to ride a boat then to climb more than five hundred steps." Unlike me, my cousin was not physically fit nor strong. She preferred to sit in front of her laptops or games rather than work out me with.

This lighthouse was one of the properties that my family owned which was located a few hours drive from my current home. I had it customized and it became my second escape place. Since it was located at the middle of an island, it was peaceful and quiet. Only the singing of the birds can be heard. The wind was nice and fresh.

"Damn right! You should really put an elevator!" She retorted.

"Then it will defeat it's purpose!" I then stood up and went inside to get some drinks. I threw one at her which she barely caught. "Anyways... what brings you here?"

She opened the soda can and took a full gulp, almost finishing the whole can. "Ah!" Then she wiped her mouth with her sleeves. "If you check your phone then maybe I would't be here right now."

I rolled my eyes and went to find my phone which was battery drained. I must have forgotten to charge it last night when I took off from school. After plugging the phone, it went on and I saw several messages from the notifications which I ignored for a while.

"What's eating you?" She finally asked. She knew that this was the place I always go went I needed to think.

"Nothing..." I lied.

"You know lying is bad." I could never really hide anything from her. " And lying to me is worst." Damn right!

"How would you know if you like someone?" I asked her.

"Hmmm... the word 'like' have a vast meaning for different people. You need to be more specific." She responded.

"I don't really know." I sighed in defeat.

"Hmmm... Let's see..." She said while making a thinking pose. "Is that same like with Ms. Bellmoore?"

"Our art teacher?"

"Yup!"

"I don't think so... I just really like her eyes... I think it was more of a crush." The said art teacher was my very first crush. I never really paid attention to anyone of our home school teacher but her.

"How about those women that you slept with?"

"I haven't slept with anyone yet..." I admitted with embarrassment.

"What the hell are you talking about? You used to take home different kind of woman every fight or race!"

"Oh! I never slept with any of them?"

"What do you mean never slept with any of them? What the hell did you do? Play fish? Besides I knew I heard different!"

"Oh them!" Men feared me while women threw themselves at me. Different women whom I can't remember any names. "I did help them achieve nirvana but none of them ever touched me. It's always been one sided."

"What!!!!!!" It's funny to watch my cousin's face in complete shock. I admit that I'm such a player and it's not something I'm proud of but I'm proud that I'm still a virgin.