Chapter 10

Dylan's POV

"Seriously?" Ashley asked in shock when I parked my car outside the public library.

"Yeah... it's quiet in here... therefore it's a chance for me to finish my book." I replied. I really have no idea why I invited her.

"Of course! You're a nerd... what do I expect..." Was her comment. I can clearly sense the disappointment in her voice. Oh well... since we were both out of school then maybe we should just go our separate ways. Beside I think it's the best idea since I can't seem to control my emotions. But deep down, I really wanted to spend time with her.

"Since we already successfully escaped school and it seems we have a different version of fun then I guest we can separate and go on our merry way." I said as I unlocked the doors and proceed to alight my car.

"Wait!" She said as she grabbed my arms. " You can't just leave me here! You're my ride! How am I going to go home... besides... I left my purse at mu locker, I only have my cellphone with me." Oh my goodness! I'm gonna have a serious head ache with this girl. She's really one spoiled princess!

"Well... it's either you go with me or not." And after a long pause, she defeatedly tagged along with me.

We both went out of the car and I proceed to open the trunk, there I got some of the stuff I usually bring with me while reading a good book. "Come on!" I told her and she went to jog after me.

"Hey! Where are you going? The entrance is this way!" She said as she realized that instead on going to the front, I'm walking towards the side.

"Nopes! I'm not going that way. So just follow me." I told her while continuing to walk towards the side.

Thankfully, she quietly followed me with no more questions asked. The library in our town was located in the far end of the town. Behind it was a small forest that was protected by the government. By law, we were already trespassing but no one knew this place so what the hell.

"Where the hell are we?" She finally spoke. Curiosity might have been eating her already.

"This is the back of the library. A mini forest. I found this place with my cousin when we were still young. This was our special place... my solace... so will you please keep this a secret?" I never really thought that one day, I'll be bringing someone here, much more, one of the persons that I despite the most.

"Okay." She must have been also mesmerized by the place. The sun was brightly shinning but the leaves provides cover from its heat. The gusting of the wind were music to my ears. "How far more?"

"Just a little more." I told her and we continued our short trek.

"Are we there yet?" She asked. Mimicking donkey's voice from Shrek.

"Not yet." I responded.

"Are we there yet?" She asked again no more than a minute after.

"Not yet." I'm a person with a very long patience but this girl's starting to really annoy me. But I can't seem to get angry at her.

"Are we there yet?" And that's it!

"Ask me that question again and I'm going to shut your mouth!" I warned her. Although, I have not idea what to do.

"Oooohhh... scary..." She said in a playful tone. It's either she's toying with me or just wanted to lighten the mood. "Are we -" She never had the chance to complete those words because I shove lips into her mouth. She froze at the contact as tenderly moved my lips into her. The kiss was soft and light, I danced solo on her lips as her brains processed what was happening. It's my turn to be surprised when she responded to the kiss. Our lips began to melt with each other. I then felt her hand on my neck as I held her closer by the waist. A single moan that escaped from her mouth pulled me to reality therefore I hurriedly stepped backwards and left her frozen.