Chapter 16

Dylan's POV

"No!" Ashley screamed. "I can't let you do that!" She said to my face. I felt sudden pain at the thought of her rejecting my offer. "No please! Chris! Leave Dy out of this!"

My face grew lit at the fact that she remembered me. Now I knew why she was refusing my help. She wanted to protect me.

"You knew her?" He said. Surprised.

"She was the one who rescued me from being rape when you kicked me out from the car!" She spat.

"Oh really!" Chris hissed. "So now you're being saved by her again." He mocked and went on to stand directly in front on me.

I was taller then average girl therefore he was not able to tower me. He looked me in the eye, trying to cower me but it was futile. I stared back and used my famous death glare and he stepped back.

It worked all the time!

"So you're her knight in shinning armor now? Huh?" He mocked.

"Nah... More like a knight in shinning Ducati." Laughter erupted from behind me. I almost forgotten about Mike and Dan. I also laugh at myself... I never though I'd be that corny. And the next thing I knew, some of the meddlers were laughing too. Even his lackeys were holding their breath trying not to laugh.

I never knew I could deliver a line like that.

"Shut up!" He yelled in anger. "Now this became more interesting." He started while trying to intimidate me from head to toe. "Since we are both Ducati users, then let's up the bet. Winner also takes the bike."

"I'm cool with that." I said. I really better not lose! But I trust my skills and my cousin's a lot so I don't have anything to be afraid of.

"Stop!" Ashley yelled and went towards me. Her hand was both leaning on my shoulders and her eyes were begging me not to do it. "Please don't do it. Please! You have done enough. Please!" She begged but the fight had already began. I can't back out now.

Her sudden contact and her concern made my heart skipped a beat. She really does have an effect on me. I held her by the chin and looked at her in the eyes. "Hey... you don't have to worry about anything. I'll be fine! I promise." I assured her which calmed her down.

I really better not lose.

"No! You don't know him!" She said. "She doesn't fight fair. I have watched him before! No one can beat him." She argued. She must have seen him ride before. The seriousness in her eyes and voice made me think twice. However, I had my moments of glory too. I knew I can beat him.

"Hey... This is underground racing. No one raced fair and I got a few tricks up my sleeves too." I winked at her to lighten the mood and it seemed to work.

Her next action surprised us all. She suddenly engulf me in a tight embrace. "Be careful."

I responded. "I will and I'll win!"

Chris on the other hand grabbed Ashley and threw her away in the direction of the bitches. "Cut that drama!"

I would really like to pounce him here but I restrain myself. He's not worthy of my fist. If he wanted to play, then I'll demolish him in his own game. "Treat her again like that and your dead." I usually don't make treats but this time it was all worth it.

And I really mean it.

Around ten minutes before midnight, the riders were gathered at the starting line. There were eight total participants and I only knew Mike. And based on the glare that I was receiving, this is going to be one hell of a messy ride.