Seven

Lucas pulled up to Rosealine's house opening the door for me. I thanked him and raced over to Smokey reassuring my most prized possession remained intact. "Anyone home?" Lucas leaned against the hood of his 67' antique. I turned around raising my eyebrows in shock, "Someone seems a bit eager." I laughed. He smirked looking at the floor, "I was only asking because all the lights are off, but I mean..." he looked at the floor. I pranced over to hug him goodbye when the door opened. "Alli thank god your home there's- oh." Rosealine yelled. Lucas coughed dropping his hands from my waist to my wrists. I laughed quietly promising I'd call him later as I walked into the house. He watched me until the door shut completely making sure I was safe. "So. I'm assuming it went more than great." She winked at me. I turned the corner ready to tell her everything, but to my surprise a familiar face sat in the couch, covered in ice packs and bloody bandages. "Holy shit. Niko? Is everything okay?" I raced over to him removing the bandages and dressing them properly, my things laid scattered on the floor as my pre-med skills kicked in. " I'm fine, typical Fernando. Kicked my ass for running into the cops." He winked as I cleaned the wound over his eyebrow.

"Shit man.." I muttered under my breath. His swollen eye made him look like a Hispanic Frankenstein. "You guys got any alcohol?" He asked. "Your looking at the queen of alcohol.." Rosealine pointed in my direct, I rolled my eyes interrupting her thoughts. "Yes, But... you need something replenishing." I walked over to the fridge to hand him some water. He groaned trying to sit up, I was about to help him up when Liana and Harley came running through the door.

"Jesus ever heard of knocking?" I jumped as the two slammed the door shut behind then fumbling with the locks. "Shut the curtains and the lights." Liana ran around with her strawberry blonde hair flowing behind her. "What is happening, do you know how late it is?" Rosealine froze while our two friends ran around like headless chickens. "He's here." Harley spat.

"Who?" I asked confused. "I think it's the same person who keeps stalking me." Harley hid behind me with Liana following suit. "What?!" Rosealine's head bulb went off as she joined the fearsome group behind me. Niko stared blankly at the girls behind me with confused written in bold across his beaten face. "Long story," I whispered urging him to lie on the floor. I pulled out my phone dialing 911. "What the hell are you doing they'll take to long to get here." Liana hissed. "Better than no one at all." I shrugged her smaller hands off my shoulder. The locks on the door rattled continuously. Silence overwhelmed the house as my heart raced. "Shit. The window." I pointed to the kitchen remembering how we left it open. "Don't move." Niko pulled me down.

A loud thump came from the kitchen around the corner. Footsteps receded following the direction of the staircase as I crawled towards my backpack in the dining room. "What the fuck are you doing?!" Rosealine quietly screeched. The footsteps halted, the girls froze covering their mouths with their hands. Harley reached for my phone scrolling for something. "Just stay there and shut up." I hissed grabbing my brass knuckles. "What's that supposed to do?!" Niko whispered. I glared in their direction quickly shutting them up. I tip-toed up the moonlit stairway sliding through the crack in my door as quietly as possible. I reached under my bed and felt the cool metal against my sweaty fingers. "Got it." I said under my breath. The footsteps neared closer forcing me under the bed frame, I struggled to inch closer the the wall. Heavy boots dropped in front of the bed before pausing. I clutched the gun closer to my chest. Holding my breath, the large feet turned and began to recede back down the stairs. Letting out the air I sucked in, my hands trembled as I clicked the safety off and checked the load left in the firearm. The tall masked figure stalked down the flight of stairs leading towards the living room. My adrenaline kicked in moving my feet along the carpet towards the man.

I slowly raised the gun, gripping it firmly. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes to find the stranger feet away from finding my friends. "Who the hell are you?" I spoke up aiming the gun at his head. He whipped around pulling a knife from his waistband. Seconds later I felt a searing pain on my ribs, grunting in pain I stayed in place keeping  my posture straight to fire. "Drop the gun." He croaked, his voice sounded familiar but I couldn't figure it out while his caramel eyes burned into me. "Who. Are. You?" I asked trying to stay calm, I felt the pain in my side ooze steadily as my legs got weaker. Seconds later he pulled out a gun pointing it in the direction of my friends, aiming straight for Quinn's head. "Don't you fucking dare." I growled at him placing my finger on the trigger. I heard the click of his gun making my traumatized friends sat like statues.

The door busted open allowing Lucas and three other cops behind him to storm in, all strapped and loaded. A gunshot echoed through the deafening house as my knees dropped to the floor.

Everything began to fade, I heard Lucas calling out to me but I couldn't see. I couldn't breathe. I felt weak.