Dear Dawson- 24

June 25.

  Dear Dawson, I can't do it. I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't.

Those are the thoughts going through my mind as I hurriedly walk in the opposite direction of Conner, the boy I had previously wanted to locate and confess my love for.

But, when I was actually facing the situation head on, the idea didn't seem as appealing. No, it actually terrified me to my core, so being the coward I am, I ran from the situation at hand.

I was initially planning on heading to my first period class, but those plans were quickly seized by a very familiar voice stopping me in my tracks.

"Hey, Kindley, wait up!"

My heart dropped to my stomach at the sound of his voice, leaving an unsettling feeling there. It dropped to my feet when he caught up with me, though. I could feel him beside me even though I wasn't actually looking. It was the worst feeling ever, especially considering the circumstances.

"H-hey Conner," I stuttered out nervously, feeling my anxiety rising with every second. He chuckled at my nervousness, shaking his head, as he stared down at his white converses like they were an amazing piece of work. He looked back up at me, and I immediately averted my eyes to my shoes as well. I couldn't look at him. He probably hated me after what I did to him. How could I just run away from him like that?

"So," he started as he stared at me intensely, "are we gonna talk about yesterday or pretend it never happened?"

"I-I'm sorry I ran fr-from you," I started with a stuttering and scared voice, "I was just sc-scared, because well, I-I like you too."

I immediately regretted saying anything after the words came out. He probably didn't even mean it.

After a bit of awkward silence, I gathered up the courage to look at him. He was smiling ear to ear, seemingly very happy. I smiled a bit too, finding his boyish smile very funny. He sighed in relief.

"Thank God," he laughed, "it would've been awkward if you didn't."

I laughed as well, and in that moment, everything seemed perfectly alright.

And I wasn't thinking about you at all, Dawson.

Authors Note: stop reading here if you're not prepared for a possibly tragic ending.