Dear Dawson- 14

May 30.

  Dear Dawson, I did something to you today.

Maybe I thought it was funny.

Or maybe I just wanted revenge.

Maybe it was even just to catch your attention for once.

But to be honest, it was kind of funny.

I didn't just wake up with the idea. I actually stumbled upon some of the smoke bombs we were gonna use to prank Mrs. Green this morning and instantly decided I would use them on you- your locker more specifically.

Maybe that's mean. It probably is to be honest, but I just wanted to do it. It seemed fun, and we'd planned it together originally when it wasn't meant for you. It felt like you were still sitting crossed legged on my carpet, giggling about how "priceless" it was going to be.

But you weren't.

And you never would be again.

That didn't happen anymore.

So, when I arrived at school early this morning, I immediately trotted over to your familiar locker. I knew you wouldn't be at school right now. You would never willingly get here early.

I already knew your locker digits, so it wasn't that hard to actually place the smoke bomb in it at all. I quickly placed all of them in it before closing it firmly.

When you finally did get to school that morning, you headed straight for your locker as always. I felt a small smirk plaster my face as I watched you type in your locker code with your familiar carefree attitude, not knowing what awaited you behind the locker. It didn't take you very long to open you locker as you'd done it so many times.

When you impatiently swung your locker door open, a huge cloud of smoke erupted from your unsuspecting locker, instantly covering your entire being. The fire alarms went off soon after that, and everyone in the hallway began laughing obnoxiously at the sound. I smiled a little at that even though it sounds rather evil, proud of my great work.

I knew you were embarrassed and petrified, though, which instantly made me feel bad.

Maybe I shouldn't have done this. It was stupid.

I sighed in defeat before walking over to you with a supportive smile. I awkwardly patted you on the back in a silent show of my support just before the bell rang. You flashed me your beautiful, grateful smile before hurrying off to your next class, which I already knew was History. I knew your schedule by heart even though that's probably creepy.

I still remember your smile, how it held so many stories and words without saying anything at all. It was perfect to me. You've always been perfect to me.

I wish you would smile at me more.

Love,
Kindley.