Stilinski's Twin // Derek Hale

I hadn't even been out of the shower for ten minutes before I was being dragged to Scott's house for a pack meeting. Being Stiles' twin has its perks, but pack meetings weren't one of them. I loved everyone in the pack, but I just couldn't handle all of my free time being taken from me. Stiles, Mason, and I were the only people in the group that weren't supernatural and it sucked. I constantly felt weak, fragile, and defenseless. That was until me and Derek started talking more.

"I promise this meeting is for a good reason, (Y/N)."

"It better be important Stiles. I'm not wasting another Saturday watching Scott try to teach Liam how to calm himself when he's angry."

"It's not like that!"

"Then what's it about?"

"I don't really know, but everyone is coming."

"Everyone?"

"Yeah. Liam, Mason, Kira, Lydia, and you know, everyone else."

Once we arrived I instantly got out of the jeep and made my way inside. The first thing I saw was Malia on the couch talking to Kira. Everyone seemed board, so I assumed that it was just like the two weeks prior. Scott then walked into the room with a worried look on his face. "As soon as everyone else gets here we will start." Looking around I couldn't think of anyone else that would need to be here, but I shrugged it off and walked to the kitchen.

I couldn't shake how nervous Scott seemed. That was until the door flew open and Derek walked in along with Peter. His expression was stern and serious until his eyes met mine. I watched as his gaze softened.

"Good, we are all here!" Scott said hastily as he shoved past me and took his place in the middle of the room. "It's Theo. The Dread Doctors are becoming stronger and I'm not sure how much longer we can keep fighting like this."

After listening to him ramble on for a while longer I could tell how board everyone was. We all knew that Theo and The Dread Doctors were kicking our asses, but there was nothing else we could do about it.

I could tell that Lydia wasn't paying attention because she was staring at her hands probably thinking about what color to paint her nails next. Stiles and Malia were whispering about where they were going later. I was sitting next to Mason, so I could see that he was texting Corey. They were somewhat dating, but I was the only person he had told because he didn't want to know how the others would react since he was in Theo's pack. At this point I had no clue where Liam was, and Kira was holding onto every word that came from Scott's mouth. While on the other hand Peter was arguing with Scott over his ideas on taking The Dread Doctors down.

With all of this going on the only thing that kept grasping my attention was how Derek's eyes kept drifting to me. He was staring at me so hard that I was surprised no one had noticed yet.

Derek and I have been talking for a few months now, and as our connection grows stronger my worries grow larger. Stiles already doesn't like Derek, so if he knew that I had feeling for him he'd probably explode with anger.

"Any questions?" Scott said loudly to regain everyone's attention.

"Yeah, I have one." Peter said with confidence that Scott wouldn't be able to answer. "How do you know that you can take them down? I mean, yes you have a strong pack, but some people in this room are more fragile then others. What makes you think that they can defend themselves, and not get in our way?"

My heart slowly sank in my chest. I'm not the only human in the pack, but I've always felt like the weakest link. Derek makes me feel strong, but I'm never with him when Scott's plans take place. I'm always in a group with Malia, Stiles, or Lydia. Stiles has always been such a supportive and helpful brother, but when it comes to pack stuff he gets so caught up in the plan to notice that I'm falling behind.