Chapter 59

After Draco carried Hermione out of the ball room, he had to resist every urge not to ignore the reception and take her straight upstairs. Or on their honeymoon. Greece was calling. But he took a deep breath and instead looked at the beautiful woman that was now his wife the way she grinned up at him and reminded himself that he had the rest of his life for that. So onto their reception they went.

His mother had outdone herself in transforming their gardens into the reception Hermione had dreamed of.
His breath hitched when he saw it, and Hermione's grip tightened around his neck.

(Pink would be rose gold sequin

(Pink would be rose gold sequin.)

The two examined the room before stepping to the side to wait on all their guests to enter

The two examined the room before stepping to the side to wait on all their guests to enter. Their wedding party joined them momentarily.

"Wow. This is amazing. I can't believe you two are married finally. I'm so happy." Ginny sobbed into Hermione's shoulder.

"Why so emotional?" Draco whispered to Harry as he approached him to shake his hand.

"Well we aren't going to announce it publicly until later... but she is pregnant. That's the hormones talking. Although we are both incredibly happy for you two. Congratulations, Malfoy. You are finally a man."

"Congrats to you too, Potter. Better hope the kid gets Ginny's good looks."

"Congrats, mate. That was beautiful. And your wife. Wow. What a dress."

"Thanks, Blaise, for everything. You've been a good friend for a long time." Draco said giving his best man a quick hug.

"It's been a good ride."

Ron stepped up last, and offered his hand.

"You changed a lot. I'm going to tell you to take care of her on principle, I know you will."

That comment was the one that meant the most to Draco.

"Draco." Hermione said, and he savored looking over to his stunning wife.

"It's time to go in... you ready?"

He stepped up to her and took her hand.

"Of course. Let's amaze the commoners, Mrs Malfoy."

She rolled her eyes so far back he was afraid they would get lost, but squeezed his hand anyways.

"A kingdom awaits."

The were announced by George and walked in to applause along with the rest of the wedding party. Everyone proceeded to sit down, so that Hermione and Draco could have their first dance.

They whirled about the dance floor together and both were reminded of the night at the ball when they had first kissed. For the sake of reminiscing as the song came to a close Draco dipped Hermione, and kissed her.

When he pulled away, a loud, singular applause broke the moment of awed silence. 

When the two of them looked up, all color drained from both of their faces.