Chapter 66

After pausing to sip her wine, Andromeda continued.

"The rest of Europe will quickly follow us, and with their backing America will be easy. The American wizards remember how unfair their government was, and how strict it's laws governing their relations with Muggles were. They fought for change then and will be quick to do so again, I suspect."

"You have lost your mind, Andromeda." Harry said quietly.
"This will never work. We are still recovering from the horrors of Voldemort. The people will not rush to the aid of another Dictator."

"Ah, but it already is working. The followers you saw today, are but only part of my following, as I've already told you. Currently there are others at work printing pamphlets with my vision on it by the masses in fifteen different languages. There are women who support me working in charities and in hospitals assisting those gravely injured in the war subtlety teaching others about what my dream for our new world is and gathering more support. I have men from every social circle and blood status speaking to the other men of their standing."

She turned to Hermione, and stated,

"Because of course you know men only listen to other men."

Hermione had listened to all of this quietly. Finally, she nodded. And to Harry and Draco's shock, then moved to sit beside her.

As she sat she lifted her fork, and took a bite of the mashed potatoes. They were made exactly the way her mother had always made them and had remained warm despite her delay to eat. Andromeda beamed at her.

"I knew you would understand at least that. Hermione, I have always know you could be my greatest asset. My lieutenant. A woman like you, working with a woman like me, could change our world for the better."

"She would never! My wife is a pillar of kindness and respect. Her parents raised her to be a strong, and just woman who is proud of her muggle heritage. She would never betray them, or their kind!" Draco roared, as he moved to stand behind Hermione, and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Exactly!" Harry added indignantly and admittedly, not particularly helpfully.

"Shhh. My love, Harry, let us hear her out. And you should sit and have a bite of this food, this truly is delicious, Andromeda." Hermione said, taking a bite of the perfectly seasoned and glazed green beans.

Both men remained on their feet. Jaws unhinged.

"As you just pointed out, Draco, my parents KIND. They are indeed different than us. Both were quite upset when I had my teeth shrunk in our fourth year. Despite it being flawless dental work done quickly and painlessly, they were still very annoyed and concerned that I had allowed it. Because they are non-magical and therefore cannot understand it. And like all muggles what they do not understand scares them. This could be used to our advantage. A wizard takeover is incredibly feasible, if we move slowly and educate the muggle population of our existence and superiority."

Draco stepped up the side where he could look upon his wife's face, before slowly sliding into the chair reserved for him.

"I do not believe this, Hermione. You would betray your own parents?"

"It would hardly be a betrayal. I do believe Andromeda mentioned earlier that they should be rewarded for conceiving a magical being. That certainly doesn't sound like betrayal to me." Hermione stated calmly and took a sip of her wine.

Eyes wide, Draco took his glass and took a sniff.

"It smells like normal wine." He said to Harry with caution.

"Of course, it is. I would never dream of drugging you, nephew." Andromeda stated with a hint of disgust at the accusation.

"You put my father under the imperious curse, dearest aunt." He spat at her.
"Forgive my distrust."

"It was necessary. I had to get you all here. I know you will ultimately see it is for the greater good."

'Greater good my arse', Draco thought to himself, but Hermione simply smiled and asked Andromeda to explain in more detail her plan so that she might better understand her goals, to decide if she would potentially like to help.

As the last man standing, Harry finally moved to take a seat as well, as Hermione and Andromeda focused on their conversation. Seemingly convinced by Hermione's comfortable eating, Harry lifted his fork and took a bite of the potatoes, before slowly grabbing his knife to cut the meat. Draco could see in Harry's eyes that despite the horror of their situation he was reluctantly enjoying the food.

Draco, himself, lifted his fork and took a bite. Of course, Andromeda would be a spectacular cook. He had never gotten a lot of time with his aunt, who, up until that day, he had always deemed to be the only truly sane one. If only her ultimate ambition had been to take over the world of fine dining and culinary experiences.

He was withdrawn from his train of thought by the sound of Hermione's voice.

"If I were to join you, and help you realize your vision, I do have a few requests."