Chapter 11

Draco woke up at six the next morning with three hours before his first class and two until breakfast with otherwise nothing to do. He decided naturally to try out his legs ability to hold weight. Slowly and carefully he pulled himself to his feet, and took one careful step. A little shaky, but otherwise good. Granger was brilliant with her healing, when he looked at his leg he could almost forget it had ever happened.

Had he thanked her? A cold feeling washed over him as he realized he hadn't. Muggle born or not his mother would have killed him for that lack of decorum.

He made his way to her room only to find her door cracked. He peeked inside and there she was: fast asleep at her desk. He crept towards her and moved her untamed mane away from her face only to see she had fallen asleep while completing her Potions essay for Slughorn. His mother's words instantly filled his head. "It is not enough to merely express gratitude, Draco. You must show it."

He grabbed the quill and gently pulled the parchment out from underneath her and began to finish it following the neat outline she had written. As he wrote he couldn't help but notice that her whole room had a much different scent than his did. He tried to keep the room smelling clean and cool. Hers smelt like brown sugar and cinnamon. Like biscuits fresh from the oven.

Once he finished he transfigured the handwriting to match hers, before quietly exiting the room. Then to wake her, he slammed the bathroom door, and began to obnoxiously sing in the shower. 

He heard an annoyed groan come from her bedroom followed by a small gasp, and smiled. Now he didn't have to actually try to tell her thank you. She would just understand.

He wrapped a towel around himself after his shower and opened the door. Then immediately burst out laughing. What he had been unable to see as she slept was the ink that had bled all over the right side of her face.

Trying to keep a straight face he said "Granger.. not to alarm you, but I believe you have a little something here." He gestured to her cheek.

She cautiously reached for her face and let out a tiny shriek when she saw her fingers come way black.

She instantly pushed him aside, and raced into the bathroom. He chuckled and made his way to his room trying his best to ignore the burning where her hand had touched his bare chest.