Prologue

The queen screamed over and over again as she tried to deliver the child she had held in her womb for 9 months. When the screaming stopped a new sound was heard, a child's cry.

The maid gently picked up the child and cleaned it as the queen relaxed but showed no excitement or care at all.

"It is a girl, my queen" the maid said as she handed the child to the queen.

The queen scoffed and looked horrified. "A daughter, when I needed a son, pathetic. Get rid of it" the queen said. The maid was taken aback and held the child close to her. "My queen this is your first and only child" the maid said. The queen looked at her angrily and the maid was scared. "Fine" was all she said.

Timeskip to the next day

The queen laid in her room on her large bed as the king walked in. "I heard it was a girl" he said showing no happiness. "Sadly" the queen said. "The medic said it was a miracle we could have a child and that there is no chance we can have another" the king said sitting down looking through his papers. "What shall we do" the queen asked. "I figured this might happen so I arranged something with another kingdom. When she turns 17 she will marry" the king said with a smirk. The queen nodded with a sinister smile on her face.