SIXTEEN || BAD THINGS

Start from the beginning

The next day, Fallon and Jughead walked into the Wyrm, ready to talk.

"All right, order of the Ophidians." Jughead said, walking quickly, but stopping dead when Fallon did, their eyes fixed on an all too familiar blonde.

"Jughead Jones and Fallon Fogarty. Did you really think you'd see the last of me?" Penny sneered, and Fallon gasped softly.

"What's the Snake Charmer doing here? Dad?" Jughead barked, his voice tight with tension.

"No, I brought her in, to help us." Tall Boy said, and Fallon gritted her teeth.

"We don't need Penny's kind of help." She spat, and Jughead nodded. "She's right. We definitely don't."

"You don't get a say anymore." Tall Boy snapped, and Fallon barked her teeth. "Like hell he doesn't!"

"Since you broke Serpent law and hurt one of our own kind. Penny was about to tell your dad. Show him, Penny. Show 'em all." Tall Boy said, a smug look on his face. Penny rolled up her sleeve to show a mark a lot like the one on Fallon's left arm, making nausea swirl in Fallon's gut.

"That used to be my Serpent tattoo, until your son sliced a chunk outta my arm and left me bleeding in a ditch in Greendale. But I'm still willing to help the Serpents. Tall Boy showed me those eviction notices. They're legit. Luckily, I can think of about 41 ways to stall the process. And I'm talking years." Penny said, and FP sighed, defeat in his eyes.

"What's your price, Penny?" He said, making Jughead freeze up.

"Blood for blood. An eye for an eye. I want back in with the Serpents and I want him kicked out. Oh, yeah, one last thing...I want his tattoo carved off. And I want to do it myself. With a dirty knife." Penny grinned, and Fallon rushed forward, Jughead grabbing her arm.

"No!" She shouted, and her friend sighed, pulling her back. "Go wait outside, Jughead. We have things to discuss." FP said quietly.

Jughead turned and pulled Fallon with him, dragging her out of the Wyrm.

______

"Well? What did they say? Are they kicking me out?" Jughead asked as FP reappeared, approaching Fallon and he as they leaned on their bikes.

"There's gonna be a vote. You versus Penny." FP said, and Jughead let out an exasperated laugh.

"Me versus What, they can't see what we get? With Penny in the picture?" He said, and FP ran a hand down his face.

"Penny's a cobra, but mutilating her? That's the kind of thing you don't come back from, Jug."

"Yeah, like stuffing a teenager's body in a freezer?"

"You need to learn to keep your damn mouth shut. Tall Boy was right. You brought the Northside down on us. Serpents are losing their dens because of what you wrote." FP hissed.

"Don't kid yourself. You're using his article. And they're using what happened to the statue of General Pickens as an excuse to justify something they've already been doing." Fallon snapped, but FP ignored her to glare at Jughead.

"You think you're a hero, Jug? Cutting up women? Bringing the temple down right on our damn heads? You will be the death of us. Not the Northside, not Penny. You."

_________

"I don't know what I'm gonna do with Jughead, Sweet Pea." Fallon sighed that night at dinner, Fangs over at the Wyrm bartending so Fallon could have a night off.

"What d'ya mean?" He asked through a mouthful of pasta.

"He's constantly getting himself into hot water, stomping on FP's last nerves. It's almost worse than how I was with Fangs when our dad died." She said, and Pea rolled his eyes. "That's pretty bad."