FOURTEEN || THINGS ARE LOOKIN' UP

Start from the beginning

The hallway was dead silent and the rage of the Serpents was palpable, Sweet Pea with his arms locked around Fallon to keep her from tearing Reggie's eyes out of his head.

"That's all." Weatherbee states, and the students disappeared back into classrooms or the lounge.

"Unfuckingbelievable." Fallon spat, her eyes blazing. "That really wasn't fair." Josie agreed, everyone except Archie nodding.

"If they make me take the bus too instead of riding my bike here I swear I'll burn this place to the ground." She said, and Sweet Pea let out a low chuckle.

"Easy, Blue Eyes, easy. The last thing you need is to be arrested for arson. Again."

She rolled her eyes as Archie looked fearfully at Jughead, who merely shrugged.

"Well I'm going home. I've had enough school for one day. Who's coming?" Fangs said, and Fallon immediately raised her hand, Sweet Pea and Toni immediately following suit.

"Come on, Sythe, let's burn some rubber." Fallon said, Jughead grinning and following her out to the astonishment of his friends, the Serpents ditching the last three classes of the day.

_____

"I can't believe you guys don't even see it. Weatherbee is profiling us. Tellin' us what to wear. What's next? Brain implants controlling what we think?" Jughead paced around as the rest of his friends lounged on the old furniture at the Wyrm, watching him with lazy amusement.

"Jughead, you sound like a crazy conspiracy nut. A school closed down. A crappy school." Toni said, and Sweet Pea huffed from the middle of trying to beat Fallon's record at Street Fighter. "Yeah, and now we're at a better one."

"The computer lab and text books," Fangs said, and Fallon shrugged

"The computer lab and text books," Fangs said, and Fallon shrugged. "And toilets that flush."

"Getting transferred to Riverdale High is the best thing that could have happened. Maybe ever. So, if I have to take off my jacket, 8:30 to 3:00, Monday through Friday, hey, I'm down with that." Toni finished, and Jughead sighed, plopping down next to Fallon as Sweet Pea swore at the game.

She giggled, watching him attempt and fail to beat her impossibly high record, his focus amusing.

"You can try, but you'll never win." She sing-songed, making him give up and throw her a half hearted glare.

"Get wrecked, Sweet Pea." Fangs laughed.

"Fuck off, Fangs!"

_______

"Oh, hey, guys, what's up?" Jughead said as he walked into the lounge the next day, wearing his leather jacket.

"Jesus, Sythe!" Fallon hissed, her eyes wide as Reggie stood, glaring at a smug Jughead.

"Take it off. Take off that jacket, Rat Boy."

Jughead merely smiled, staring at Reggie like one would look at a child.