12.

I slipped on a pink cover up and flip flops.I headed to the beach with my parents,I have been quiet a lot today. "Forget Joe,hun. It just might of been a summer fling."my mom slipped on her sunglasses and laid in her chair. I rolled my eyes and laid in my chair.

"I can't believe you let him give you a hickey,it's so trashy." my dad complained,I rolled my eyes again.I slipped off my cover up,leaving myself in my electric blue bikini. I sighed,laying my head back,thinking of Joe.

"Joe..." I walked over to them,"What do you want?" he glared at me.
"Can we talk?" I looked at him,hopeful."I'm done talking to you. Go back to your boyfriend. I know I told you an earful...I just thought you were different.." he looked down at me.
"Joe..I can--"
"Joke's on me." he laughed without humor,he looked at me and then continued walking with his friends. "

I looked over at the bar and saw Joe with a cigarette and wearing a white wife beater,I sighed,"Be right back." I headed up and to the bar,he looked at me,but once he knew I was looking at him, he looked away,"Diet Coke,please." I ordered. "Hey Joe..." I looked at him.

"What do you want?" he hissed,"Can we talk? I need to explain..." I looked at him,watching him take in the smoke,"There is nothing to explain..You used me,case close." he started walking,"So we're back at that stage?" I crossed my arms,he turned around and chuckled,"This time..I won't bug you." he walked off.

I glared at him.I then walked off the beach,I headed home."Hello Miss Lovato." Carolyn greeted,I headed to my bedroom,I saw a bunch of roses in my bedroom,"I'm sorry..." Matt looked at me. I just looked at him,"I told you to go away.." I looked down. "I can't just leave you,Demi.." he stepped closer to me,"Matt,please..." I kept looking at the floor.

"I'm sorry for all I have done...but you're my girl..those other chicks were just my side hoes." he ran his fingers through my hair,"That makes everything better." I rolled my eyes,sarcastically."It's you,it's always you." he cupped my face,I pushed him off,"It's over,Matthew! You and I are no more!! Can you not understand!?! I don't want you in my life anymore. It was a fun two years,but I'm done." I looked at him,"I'm going to a bar,so when I come back,this place better be clean and you better be going back to New York." I headed to my walk- in closet and changed into a black sheer maxi dress with a pink cut out bralette crop top. I slipped on black stilettos and did my hair and make up.
I walked out of my house,leaving Matt to clean.

I walked into Ohana Karaoke Bar. I found a table and ordered myself some chicken wings,I watched people try to sing,I looked over and saw Joe with some brunette. I looked down at my lap. "Does anyone want to sing for us? Any takers?" The host asked us, I stood up and headed on stage,"I want to sing....my own song.." I looked at him,"Uhm...okay..What's your name?"

"Demi,Demi Lovato." I looked at the crowd,"Alright.Here's the stage." he headed off,"Can I...Can I have a guitar?"
He noticed and got my a guitar,so I strapped it on. I started playing it.

"Before I fall too fast,kiss me quick but make it last,so I can see how badly this will hurt me when you say goodbye..Keep it sweet,keep it slow. Let the future pass and don't let go,but tonight I could fall too soon into this beautiful moonlight..." I looked over at Joe,who still wasn't noticing my existence.

"But you're so hypnotizing,you've got me laughing while I sing.You've got me smiling in my sleep and I can see this unraveling,your love is where I'm falling,but please don't catch me..." I kept looking at Joe and then I saw him lean in to kiss the girl,I started messing up the words.

"I.....I'm sorry..I can't do this.." I put the guitar down and ran off. I grabbed my clutch and ran out,crying.
Joe.

We left the bar around midnight,"I don't understand why you're treating Demi like that,bro." Nick looked down at his feet,walking home,"Because she betrayed me. She cheated on me and I told her everything,I trusted her. She deserves this shit." I sighed,lighting up a cigarette.

"Wait,everything,everything?" Nick looked at me,"Yes. I let her meet Aria too. I'm so damn stupid. Little Princess whined about him cheating on her,but she didn't even break it off." I rolled my eyes.

"I still think you're a little too hard on her." Nick kicked a rock,"Whatever."