Dallon Weekes x Reader - I Thought You Knew

Start from the beginning

Dallon grew quiet, still staring through the wall. You let him do so for a moment, then you spoke up again.

"What are their negative traits, and now don't tell me they don't have any, because everyone does."

"I know, I know, it's like... they can get really angry, like when someone is being unfair to other people or when someone hurts people or animals on purpose. They... they do like this thing where they think they're never good enough for anyone. They are stubborn, really, really stubborn. When they have their mind set to something, you won't ever be able to convince them of something else..."

You admired the way he was talking. The dim light of the living room lamp was catching in his lashes and making his smooth skin glow softly. He was full of admiration, even when talking about the negative things of the person he liked. He had obviously thought about this before, yet it did not compromise his emotions for whoever he was talking about. You wondered if there would ever be someone who would be talking about you this way, and you wondered if you looked like this while talking about Dallon to your other friends.

"Uh, someone's fallen hard," you grinned.

Dallon turned to look at you,

"What can I do, they're perfect," he laughed, his eyes squeezing a little.

"Nobody's perfect," you disagreed.

"That's not true," Dallon answered, shifting so he was leaning more towards you. "There are just hardly any perfect people around and someone perfect would never think they are. So of course you have to think that the perfect person doesn't exist, since you're one of them."

"You are crazy, Dal," you told him, shoving his shoulder laughing, but he leaned right back in.

"Yeah, maybe I am," he agreed with a chuckle, "always thinking that I might just have that one little spark of luck that will make everything right in the end."

You shrugged.

"I hope you do, you deserve it," you told him.

Your eyes wandered over his face, taking in the brown hair that fell into his forehead, the blue eyes that were fixed on yours, the full lips that were slightly parted. You wondered if the person he like knew how damn lucky they were to get a chance at being loved by him. He was not only undeniably attractive and beautiful, but also one of the kindest and most caring people you had ever met. You really hoped that they were deserving of his affection. Of course they were, otherwise Dallon would not have fallen for them.

You were still mid thought, still staring at Dallon, but not really seeing him, until the sensation of soft, perfect lips pulled you back into reality. Without you noticing he had moved in so closely that his lips brushed against yours. For a second you felt yourself close your eyes and lean in, giving into the overwhelming sensation. You had imagined this for so long, that your mind failed to wrap around it properly, now that you were experiencing it. It felt like a firework was exploding in your stomach, and before you even realized it, Dallon had pushed you back on the sofa, ignoring the box with ice cream that tumbled to the floor, and pressed you down, into the cushions. But this was wrong. He was in love with someone else and just because he thought he could not get them, did not justify to use you as a distraction. You could imagine how desperate he was to get this unreachable, perfect someone out of his mind, but it was not fair to you. To you, he was more than just a friend, and everything that went further than normal friendship things could possibly destroy your relationship with him forever. What if you let him do what he wanted? How far would he go? Would you end up doing something you would later regret? Would it make you confess something along the way that you did not feel ready for confessing yet? He would not understand, he would be confused, and in the end he would lose the one friend he had always relied on.