Dallon Weekes x Reader - I Thought You Knew

Start from the beginning

And before you even had the chance to ask him something, to tell him to wait, he had hung up. You stared at the phone for a moment and watched how the screen turned dark. So he was in love. You had known Dallon for a good while now and you knew that he started to feel down when he had feelings that were not being returned. It hurt, knowing that he had fallen in love. Maybe you were still dreaming of him falling for you in the end, seeing that everything he would ever need was right in front of him. But that was just a phantasy, something that you only allowed yourself dreaming of at night. And right now he needed a friend.

It was definitely an advantage to live in a big city when you wanted to buy ice cream at eleven pm. The 24/7 store around the corner provided you with the treat and twenty minutes later you stood on Dallon's doorstep. You made sure that there was still light in his apartment before you rang the doorbell. Steps were to be heard behind the door, and after a moment of hesitation, the door swung open.

Dallon looked tired, his hair was disheveled and dark circles were under his eyes. He scanned you for a moment.

"What are you doing here," he asked.

"Cheering you up," you told him and pushed past him into the flat.

He let you and closed the door behind you. You had taken off your shoes and made your way to the living room, revealing the box of ice cream you had bought. When Dallon followed you, he chuckled quietly at that sight while you disappeared into the kitchen, to get spoons.

"You are impossible," he told you when you were back, and wrapped you in a warm hug.

You quickly hugged back, god knew he could need it. He was taller than you, as always, and after a few seconds, he lifted you up and threw you on the couch, earning a surprised squeak from you that made him laugh. In return you threw one of the cushions at him before he let himself fall down next to you, so dangerously close in fact, that you moved out of the way, scared to be crushed by him.

He did not make much of an effort to sit up properly before he grabbed one of the spoons and the box of ice cream. He placed it between the two of you and opened it, handing you the other spoon, and scooped out a little bit of ice cream.

"Sooo," you started, "tell me about them. How do you know them?"

Of course you had not just come to treat him with ice cream. You were here to learn everything about this mysterious person who he had lost his heart to, so that you could make the ultimate plan to make them fall in love with him too. Screw whatever he thought about them being out of his league, those were just excuses for cowards.

"I can't tell you that, you'd guess who it is immediately," Dallon defended, running his tongue over his lips nervously.

"What would be so bad about that," you wondered, eating a little ice cream yourself.

"I just... I don't think I'm ready to share that yet," he answered, pocking around in the frozen sweet.

"Okay... can you tell me what you like about them," you asked next.

"What I like about them... what I don't like about them would be the shorter answer. I love how they are always patient and they are so perfect and beautiful and they have a breathtaking smile, and..."

He stared into the distance, doubtlessly picturing them in his mind and you chuckled lightly; he really was in love, was he not?

"They do this little laugh, when they think something's funny and they love animals, like... they are obsessed with animals. And they have such a soft voice that can lull you in and you forget everything else in the world and all that matters is you and them and..."