Eighteen

Clary's POV

“He did what?” Ashley asks me after I tell her about tonight’s wonderful encounter with Harry.

“Tried to—“

“That’s such a big deal, Clary. It almost sounds like he tried to rape you at first, but he’s too much of  a gentleman to do that.”

I doubt about that, Ash.

“Perhaps he wanted to see how long it was before you threw yourself at him.” She shrugs.

“Sucks for him, it’s not anytime soon!” I laugh.

“This is all so creepy if you think of it that way.” Ashley says.

“It’s creepy if you think about it or no. It seemed like such a huge deal first, but it’s just okay now.  I think I regret standing front row.” I frown.

“Sucks to be you.” She playfully smacks my arm.

I just shrug.

“So where is it your parents went anyway?” She inquires.

“Leeds.” I sigh. “It’s a bit weird, actually. I mean, they suddenly had to leave. I was suspicious for a minute, but then I just shrugged the thought off.”I throw myself on my large bed and bury my face in my pillows.

“I can’t wait for college. These vacations are killing me already!” She takes the spot next to me on my bed.

“It’s hardly been two weeks. A month and a few weeks to go. I love summer break.” I speak in between gritted teeth.

“It’s too long! I want to see Max already. He’s so hot.” Her smile is replaced with a dreamy one.

“Just text him or something, geez.” I suggest.

“I would, but I don’t happen to have his number.” She rolls her eyes in annoyance at me.

“But I do.” I wink and shift in order to reach the bedside table and I hand my phone to her.”

“Hey- you have like thirteen text messages—“

“It’s Harry!” She says and I jump, and so does she.

“Give it to me Ash and no one gets hurt.” I say, and run after her and she jumps on my bed.

“Let me read it! It says, Dear Clary—“

“GIVE ME THE PHONE!” I scream.

“Not so soon, young one. HE’S UTTERLY SMITTEN BY YOU!” She starts jumping on my bed.

“Just give it to me, please?”

“Fine. You’re no fun.” She frowns and laughs before handing my phone back to me.

I scroll through my inbox, and oh my god, there were literally thirteen messages from Harry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

From: Harry Styles .

To: Clarissa Fray.

Time: 1:10am.

Hiiiiiiiiii.x

Hello, Clary. How are you?

Are you alright?

Are you mad at me?

I’m sorry about tonight. I am. Forgive me?

Are you sleeping?

You’re probably sleeping.

Text me when you wake up?

Please?