Three

*The day of the concert.*

My alarm rung at 10am, sharp and it didn't take me a second to get out of bed. I was going to meet Harry Styles today, and that was the only thing I thought about for the past two weeks.

I pulled my hair into a ponytail, and quickly took a shower.

And then it hit me.

It was my birthday today.

I ran outside the bathroom like a ninja, and pulled out my phone from the drawer and saw that I had fifty-seven text messages and 20 voicemails. I scrolled through my inbox, there were messages from Will(I hated that guy.), Ashley, Elizabeth, Jason, Jace, and a lot of other people from class. I had no idea they had my number until now. I quickly texted a "Thankyou!" To everyone and hurried down for breakfast.

"Clary!You're awake?" My mum asks as I sit on the couch.

"Nope. I'm sleep walking." A smirk leaves my lips.

"Happy Birthday, Darling! She hugs me and doesn't let go for a good ten minutes and then my dad appears in the kitchen.

"Our beautiful daughter's Nineteen!" He beams with proud and joins in for the big family hug.

"Happy Birthday, Clary." He plants a kiss on my forehead and I smile at him.

"I'm meeting Ashley for lunch and then we're going to her house. I'll be sleeping over at hers." I inform them and they give me a disapproving nod.

"Why don't you stay back for lunch? We'd love to spend some time with you on your birthday!"

"It's like any other day,dad. You always tell me to go out, have fun. And make friends." I mock him from months ago. "That's what I'm doing."

"Let's not argue on her birthday,Bill." My mum tells him and continues. "You can go. Please be careful and do not go crazy at the concert. Those tickets were hard to come by and the organizers know your father." She instructs.

"I'll keep that in mind, I promise."

"Happy Birthday again, darling." They pull me into another one of those family hugs where they squeeze the living daylights out of me.

"I'll be going now." I wave at them and I walk to the nearest bus stop. I was way too lazy to drive my car. Ashley didn't live far, lucky for me. I was there in nearly ten minutes. I rung the bell and Will opened the door. Of course. He was her brother.

"Hey Clary." He said inviting me in.

"Hi Will."

"Happy Birthday." He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him, into a hug and I didn't flinch this time.

"Thank you." I muttered under my breath, walking out of his embrace.

I heard him curse under his breath and I knew he was trying so hard to work us out but I wasn't interested this time. Will and I had dated for a few months before he cheated on me with someone else and I had never looked back since. I was hurt and all that, but One Direction really helped me cope up with life. That's why I love them so much.

"You're here!" My blonde friend exclaimed as she hugged me tight and I returned the favor.

"Happy Birthday Clarissa!" She greeted me and I frowned.

"I meant Clary, okay. You can't hate your name so much anyway , geez." She defended herself.

I hated my name, and that's why everyone usually called me Clary. My parents did call me by my full name at times, and I ignored it, but I hated being called Clarissa.