22

(Chris walks in the house without acknowledging London.)

(London) So we're doing the silent treatment now. What's the matter, Cat got your tongue?

(Chris stops.)

(London) I see you made some house calls. I also know you went behind me back too. (London stands up.) You saw my mother out of all people.

(Chris turns around.) Are you serious?

(London) Oh. He speaks now.

(Chris) Last time I checked I didn't screw my best friend.

(London) That's right. I wish you could of been there. I made his toes curl, I made him bite his lip. I did every little dirty thing you could think of.

(Chris) I don't got time for this. (Chris walks to the bedroom.)

(London) Go head, Scream at me. Break things, Do something for once as a husband.

(Chris turns around to face her.) I tried to be there everyday after the miscarriage. To be your rock like I've always been but you pushed me away with all your constant working and for the first time ever I didn't know what to do to comfort you other than giving you time to heal. Deep down I blamed myself. I lost my marriage, I...We lost a child together. And I...I felt like I lost my best friend too. I lost sight of of it all. So I met this woman at work. And for the first time in a long time, I felt desirable. I felt like she wanted all of me. As angry as I was, As much as I wanted to. I couldn't. I remembered all the good times we had and what changed. I never knew what I did to make you this angry at me but it seems like you don't want me the way I always wanted you. So I did you a favor and got you a little gift from me to you. I just need you to sign them. You can take anything you want but I can't give you my heart for you to break again.)

(Chris pulls some papers out of his bag and approaches her. London sees that it's divorce papers.) I just need to sign them, And I'll promise to stay away from you.