20

(Chris) You should call her. Tell her everything you told me.

(Phoebe) She hates me. I think I'll be doing her a favor if I didn't.

(Chris) This might be the closure you both need to heal.

(Phoebe) I'll think about it. You have a place to stay?

(Chris) Ah, I was going to stay the night at a hotel.

(Phoebe) Your family. Your staying. Now finish your food or I'll kill you.

(Chris chuckles and continues eating the gumbo. Phoebe shows him the guest room where he would be sleeping in.)

(Mr. Do Right by Jade plays as rain hits the roof. London lays in the bed unable to sleep. She wanted to call Chris so bad but remembers she's still mad at him, Instead she calls John. The phone dial as she grew more nervous after knowing she was doing was wrong. John recognizes the number and sits up to answer it.)

(John) Hello.

(London) Hi. I just called to see how you were doing.

(John) I thought you were mad at me.

(London) I apologize. I shouldn't went off like that. It just things were happening so fast.

(John) How are you doing?

(London) I can't sleep. Can you read me a bedtime story?

(John laughs making London laugh too.)

(London in a toddler voice) Please.

(John) Okay.(He exhales deeply.) Once upon a time there was a unhappy man that fell in love with his married woman at his job...

(London) Uh huh.

(John laughs again.) Let me finish.

(London) I'm sorry.

(John) Well after hitting rock bottom she decides to call him but it was one problem.

(London) What's that?

(John) He decides to get back with his wife but he doesn't want to hurt her by telling her that he may already moved on.

(London) Pardon me for interrupting but what does this so called female look like that he fell in love with? (She bites her bottom lip.)

(John chuckles.) Well she's about 5'6. Brown-skin, Curvy, Brown eyes. Dreads that shouldn't cover her beautiful tho.

(London chuckles.)

(John chuckles too.) She the most beautiful part of his life right now and she have the power to brighten his day. He knows he's wrong for the things he wants to do to her.

(London nervously) What do he want to do to her?

(John closed his eyes and exhales.) Hang up the phone. Please.

(London) Goodnight.

(John's voice begins to crack.) Goodnight. (He hangs the phone up.)

(London hears the phone as hangs up.)

(He stares at the ceiling thinking about everything that transpired between him and London upon finally falling asleep. The morning Phoebe drops Chris off at the airport.)

(Chris shuts the door.) Well I guess this is it? Thank you.

(Phoebe) No, I want to thank you. I'm going to call her.

(Chris) Good. Nice meeting you, Phoebe.

(Phoebe) Same to you.

(Chris closes the door and heads in the airport. Phoebe looks at her phone and puts it back in her purse. After landing back in California. Chris heads back home in his car.)