18

(London walks in the house and spots Chris packing up his things.) (Softly) Hey.

(Chris softly) Oh, Hey. Don't mind me, I'm just packing a few things. I'll be out of your way in a second.

(London) Can we talk, Chris?

(Chris chuckles.) That's funny all I wanted to do was talk to you. But like home and our marriage you put in second place. It's a tad bit later for that.

(London) I don't want to argue.

(Chris) Me either that's why I'm kind of in a rush. (Chris finish packing and heads towards the door.)

(London) Chris wait. Please.

(Chris stops.)

(London) Look maybe I put my... (London's cell phone rings, She exhales and answer.)

(Chris) Like I thought. Duty awaits you. (Chris walks out the door.)

(London) John, This better be good.

(John) Cameron came back from her trip in Haiti. I told her everything that happened. We decided to work things out. I'm going to Haiti with her.

(London feels crushed by the news.) Okay.

(John) Are you okay with it?

(London) Yeah, Of course. Ah... I'll talk to you later, I got a lot of stuff to move. Chris is moving out today so...

(John) I'm sorry, London.

(London hangs up in John's ear and starts breaking down.)

(John looks at the phone.)

(Chris decides to go by London's grandmother house before going to New jersey.)

(Chris knocks on the door. Mame answers it.)

(Chris) Hey Ms. Corner. How are you doing?

(Mame) Fine. Boy give me a hug. (Chris hugs Mame.) It's nice to see you again.

(Chris lets go.) Yeah. I been really busy.

(Mame) Well come in. Don't be shy.

(Chris goes into the house and sits in the living room.)

(Mame) You want anything? Iced tea? Cola? Beer?

(Chris) I'm fine. Thanks anyway.

(Mame goes to the kitchen.) Suit yourself.

(Chris) Wait. How did you know if I drink or not?

(Mame stares at Chris.) You're married to my granddaughter. I hate to say it but London can drive Jesus himself to drinking again.

(Chris tries to hold in his laugh causing him to snicker. Mame starts laughing as well.)

(Mame) Pain in the ass. Just a pain in the ass.

(She goes to the kitchen.)

(Chris burst into tears after finally letting go of his laughter. After getting out of his system. Chris looks over to the right and sees a photo album. He picks it up and looks through it thoroughly. Mame comes back in the living room with a beer and sit next to Chris.)

(Mame) I see you found the my photo album.

(Chris) Yeah. London doesn't have much family pictures at the house.

(Mame) It's a bunch of baby pictures of London.

(Chris) I never seen these pictures before.

(Mame) London told me what happened.

(Chris) I felt real ashamed of myself. I can't believe that really that I did that. I was so jealous of the relationship she have with her friend. I caught them kissing that night.

(Mame) Well, You should. Do you still love her?

(Chris looks at Mame.) Yes.

(Mame) Do you still want to be with her?

(Chris) Yes. More than anything.

(Mame) Then you're going to have put your pride to the side. She needs you to take all her craziness and all her pain. She needs you to hold her at worse. No matter how much she fights you. You hold her until she felt safe in your arms. She didn't mean it and believe me she's doing a whole lot worse than she lets on.

(Chris turns the page and sees a picture of London's mother.)

(Mame) That's London's mother.

(Chris) She never seems to talk about her mother.

(Mame) It's a painful subject for her to talk about. Only she can tell you about it.