5

(Keys began to rattle at the front door. London comes in the house at a one minute till twelve. She goes through the house quietly to not find Chris in their bedroom. She takes her shoes off walks towards the living room. She walks in to see Chris sleep in a recliner with the T.V. on mute.)

(London shakes Chris awake.) Hey. What are you doing in here?

(Chris) I was waiting on you. (He sits up.) What time is it?

(London looks at her phone.) Twelve o' three.

(Chris) Yesterday was our anniversary.

(London is completely oblivious about it. She sighs loudly.) I'm so sorry, Chris. I forgot.

(Chris) Everyday I pray that you don't die out there when some knucklehead in a routine traffic stop with unpaid tickets decides to end your life. When are you going to learn that you can't save the world.

(London) Well maybe it takes a strong person like me to believe that the world could change.

(Chris gets up out of the recliner.) Whatever. I planned this dinner for months. Did you know long it took me to make this dinner which I had to put in the refrigerator all cause you didn't want to check in with me. I'm your husband for Christ sakes.

(London) I'm sorry, Chris. I just been so busy with work.

(They walk to the kitchen. Chris grabs a room temperature water of the floor.)

(Chris) But not too busy to hang out with one of your cop buddies, Which I haven't the privilege to met yet.

(London) I can't believe you're doing this right now.

(Chris) What if I did the same to you, London?

(London) So you don't trust me now either?

(Chris) It's not that I don't trust you, It's your friends I don't trust. I mean don't they have a home with a significant other waiting on them instead of hanging out my wife.

(London) I can't help that I have friends. Don't you have friends?

(Chris) You're my only friend. I gave up all my cool friends to be a better man for you.

(London) You can't expect me drop everything whenever you felt lonely and convenience, Chris. I never ask you to give up any of your friends.

(Chris) You never had to. I thought it be easier if I just grew the hell up. Which is more I can say for you.

(London) You don't understand. This is my job, These people are my family.

(Chris walks towards the bedroom.) I'm done. I'm done with this conversation. (He stops.) It's funny how you can say that you save the world but you can't save your own marriage. It's some leftovers in the fridge, I did you a favor and finished the wine for you.

(Chris goes into the bedroom and shuts the door. London looks in the refrigerator to see all her favorites in clear plastic and tuba wear, With an empty expensive bottle of wine sitting on the table. London begins to felt guilty. )