Chapter Twelve: A Proposal I Can't Refuse

Start from the beginning

"Whatever," I mumbled. I hugged Marie and Lecky before saying goodbye and shutting the door behind their retreating backs. I pushed my back up against the door once it was closed and let out a sigh. I checked my watch and realized it was already four o'clock. Asher was supposed to pick me up at five-thirty. "Shit."

I rushed to my room to start getting ready. I wasn't going to obsess over finding an outfit. That's what I told myself, but in reality it took me thirty-five minutes to actually find something to wear. I finally settled on a pair of light gray slim fit pants, a mint colored, loose, long-sleeve shirt and my favorite black blazer. I added a mint colored scarf and paired it with a pair of tan boots. It was still winter it wasn't that cold outside considering we lived in Cali but I still dressed to the "T".

By five-thirty I was completely ready for our date. I was sitting on the couch when the doorbell rung. I sped down the hall to the door as I grew closer I slowed my pace. I let out a deep breath before opening the door with a wide smile.

"Hey," I said letting out a light sigh. He looked incredible! His black hair was slicked into what I like to call the "douche bag" hair. You know what I mean. When the front is longer than the rest of the hair and it sticks up like, well I don't know how to explain it.

He had on a pair of dark washed blue jeans, a dark colored shirt with a slight v-neck where you could see the top of a white t-shirt underneath, and a navy blue jacket. On his feet were a pair of navy and tan Sperry's! Can you believe that? This 33 year old business man was wearing Sperry's!

"Hey," he said after sometime. We both were staring each other up and down. "You look amazing." He bent down and gave me a peck on the lips.

"So do you," I replied with a slight blush.

"So, are you ready to go?" he asked me. I nodded before grabbing my keys from the hall table and closing and locking the door behind me. He walked to the passenger side of his car and opened the door for me. I smiled and slid in waiting for him to do the same. Once he was buckled and pulled out of my drive way he finally spoke. "Are you ready to see 'Hell's Gate'?" he asked with a weird accent. I just laughed at him.

"Absolutely," I replied excitedly. "Lecky told me it was funny."

"I thought it was a horror movie?" Asher asked.

"Oh, it is! But Lecky and I are pretty hard to scare," I  replied. I don't scare easy.

He let out a sigh. Oops, I guess that goes against his plan. Oh well.

                                                ~                                ~                                ~

"Wasn't it funny when her head rolled off into the babies pram?" I asked excitedly. "Or when that guy just like fell into the wood chipper and he was still trying to crawl out. How about when that demon pulled that heart out of the woman with the nasally voice?"

Asher didn't think the movie was as funny as I did. When it came to the part of the guy falling into the wood chipper he rushed out of the theatre room saying how he needed to puke. I think what really got him was that the man's dog began to eat his remains. Its safe to say that dinner isn't going to be very appealing to him if I keep bringing up the movie. So I decided to stop.

"So other than talking about the movie, why don't we play 20 questions?" he said changing the subject as our waitress brought our pasta. We were eating at a very classy Italian restaurant. When I say classy I don't mean formal  and expensive. It was just very upscale compared to other places.