New story preview

⚠️⚠️DO NOT READ IF YOU DIDNT WATCH THE RIVERDALE SEASON 2 FINALE YET⚠️⚠️

Description: Following Archie's arrest in the finale of season 2, Veronica and the rest of the gang try to find a way to help him.

(This preview is from the middle of the first chapter so the real thing has more context to it, this is just a more interesting part I wanted to share)

Veronica's POV

I sit at Pops sipping on my chocolate milkshake and tracing the scratches on the table with my fingertips. The rusty bell above the door rings and I look up, a force of habit, expecting it to be Archie. In walks FP Jones, Jughead's dad, here to take over for Poptate. A few minutes later FP crosses the empty diner and comes over to my table, "can I get you anything else, Veronica?" He asks. I shake my head, "No, thank you though, Mr. Jones" I say. He looks outside to check if anyone else just arrives and then looks back at me, "mind if we talk?" He asks. Part of me wants to say "slither away, serpent" but I don't, I nod my head. "So Jughead mentioned you've been ignoring his and Betty's calls" he says, taking one of my, now cold, fries. I nod my head, "Yeah. I just haven't been real chatty lately" I say. He nods his head, "that makes sense. Archie just got arrested you probably wouldn't want to get right to trying to save him" he says. I narrow my eyes at him, "what are you talking about?" I ask. He shrugs, "well you know Betty and Jughead. They're already investigating, and they wanted your help and to make sure you're okay" he says, "but if you're in no rush to help your boyfriend then-" I cut him off by standing up out of the booth and rushing to the door. "What about your bill" he shouts. I look back at him, roll my eyes and say, "I own the place." Before walking out of the diner.

I get to Jughead's trailer at 5:30 and start pounding on the door, not caring about how annoyed he is when he wakes up. He pulls the door open with messy hair and squinted eyes, "what the hell, Veronica?!" He somewhat shouts. I walk in passed him and make my way into the living room. "Come on in" he says gesturing dramatically. "We need to talk" I say... to be continued

Hope everyone likes this preview. Let me know what you think!

The final chapter to What We Once Were will be up later today!