Chapter 4

Veronica's POV
I wake up to my alarm blasting in my ear. First day of school. I groan and turn my alarm off. I sit up and rub my eyes, then finally stand up out of bed. I'm seeing Archie for the first time since we officially ended things and I hope things aren't too awkward. I just hope we can try to get back to friends like we were before, but somewhere along the way, he became a new person. I just pray that I can find that guy again.

I walk into school and I'm greeted with waves and polite smiles. Also with the occasional pointing, since the news about Archie and I is already buzzing. I roll my eyes and strut into the lounge. Everyone is already here, and there is one open spot on the couch and it's next to Reggie. "Hey there she is, almost thought you bailed on us for some Ivy League boarding school" Reggie jokes, causing Archie to roll his eyes. The fact that he's jealous after he's the one who cheated, twice, makes me furious. "Not a chance. I'd miss Poptate way too much" I joke back. Josie laughs and reaches her hand out "let me see your schedule, I'll tell you who you have classes with" she says. I hand her my schedule and pray that I only have one with Archie. "1: Honors government & economics with me and Reggie. 2: PE with Reggie, Archie,  Betty, and Midge. 3: trigonometry. 4: Literature with Archie and Reggie. 5: bio with Reggie. Lunch. 6: public speaking with Reggie. 7: study hall with Betty, Jughead, Toni, and Fangs. 8: organic chemistry with me" She reads out loud. I feel a pang of emotion each time she reads Archie's name. "We have almost everything together, looks like I get to copy someone's homework" Reggie says while eating an apple. "Someone isn't me, good luck passing" I say mockingly. He acts hurt and then the bell rings. I'm the first to walk out of the lounge, already dying for this day to be over.

Archie's POV
I walk out of the lounge in a worse mood than I was in before. Reggie is going to shamelessly flirt with Veronica for 6 periods out of the whole day. I can't stand the idea of Veronica and Reggie, he doesn't deserve her. I turn down the hall and I see Veronica at her locker, and I decide to approach her. I walk up behind her and just as I'm about to say her name she slams her locker shut and turns around, running into me. "Shit sorry, I was just coming to talk" I say while grabbing her arms to steady her. She lets out a small laugh, "element of surprise" she says. "Nice touch" she finishes before walking and leading me into an empty stairwell.

"What's up?" She asks uncomfortably. "There's a lot" I say. She adjusts and looks at the time on her phone "listen Archie, we've already spoken. We tried to be together, we didn't work. I love you Archie, of course I do but I can't let myself be hurt by you anymore" she says. It feels like a punch in the gut when she says how much I've hurt her. "I can't believe this is it. I can't lose you" I say broken-heartedly. "I can't lose you either. We are still friends" she says, putting her hand on my arm but just as quickly pulling away. "I'm sorry" she says before walking away.

Finally lunch rolls around and I see a table with Betty, Jughead, Ronnie, Kevin, Toni,
Fangs, and sweet pea. I sit down next to Kevin and across from Veronica and she looks up from her notebook slightly. She may deny it but she feels disgust when she sees me, I can see it when she looks at me. "Homework on the first day?" I ask with confusion. "Oh it's not homework. It's an application for an internship with Ralph Lauren" she says. Josie gasps "the fashion House? Like the one who chooses only 2 people from the country to be interns? The one who only accepts 500 people to fill out applications! This is huge why didn't you say anything?!" Josie practically yells at Ronnie. "Because I knew you'd react like that. I didn't want to tell you because odds are that I won't get in" she says. I shake my head "that's crazy" I say. I feel weird looks come at me but I ignore them. "I didn't know you were interested as fashion for a career" I say while eating my fries. She takes a deep breath and sips her water, before saying "that's because you never asked."

This is boring and terrible but I'm exhausted and need to sleep. So much went wrong today 😂 tomorrow happens to be my birthday and I'm really busy all day so there will be no update. Wednesday's will be long and actually readable 😂