Chapter 1

This is short bc I need to set things up before I start the good stuff 😂

3 weeks ago

Archie's POV
"Archie maybe you should slow down the drinking" My best friend, Jughead, warns me. "I'm fine. Ronnie is visiting New York with her old friends, probably having a good time. I can have a good time too" I say in defense. He rolls his eyes "Yeah well there's a difference between having a good time and being a complete idiot" he says. "I'll be back, I'm going to find Betty. Stay here, don't talk to anyone" he says before walking off. I roll my eyes, why can't I have fun even if Veronica isn't here to watch me. Even though I do wish she were here, she smells good and would definitely be dancing with me right now if she were here. "Archiekins, need a refill?" Midge asks me giving me a flirtatious smile. "No thanks. And only Ronnie calls me that" I slur back at her. "Ronnie isn't here. How is she by the way, enjoying her trip to New York?" She asks, standing close to me, too close. "Yeah. She's having fun" I say. She nods "well then shouldn't you have fun too?" She asks, tilting her head at me. Her intentions are blatantly obvious, Ronnie is much more subtle when she's trying to get me to bed, which I don't mind. "I am having fun" I say back to her, trying to tell her to leave me alone. "We could have fun" she says, stepping closer and playing with the button on my shirt. "I don't-" I start but she cuts me off by forcing her lips on mine. For a moment my lips move against hers, I don't know if it was the alcohol or being alone at a party, but it happened. I come to my senses and push her off of me. "Midge. I love Ronnie" I say wiping her lipstick off my mouth. Out of the corner of my eye I see someone step close to me and I turn and look at the person. "Ronnie" I say, at a complete loss for words. "I came to surprise you... looks like I'm the one who was blindsided" she says before turning on her heel and running out the door, passing a disappointed Jughead and Betty.

I run after her, normally I'd go faster if I weren't wasted. "Ronnie please! I can explain" I shout after her. She comes to a stop and I catch up to her. I reach out and touch her shoulder and she turns around to face me so my hand drops to my side. "I'm so-" I start but she stops me. "Sorry?" She asks "don't bother I've gone through this before. We're done" she says before turning her back to me. "No Ronnie I can't lose you" I beg, completely desperate for her forgiveness. She looks at me with tears rolling down her face and my heart breaks when I realize I'm the one who did this to her. I broke the heart of the person I love most in the world. She sighs and lets more tears fall before saying "you should've thought about that before you kissed Midge."

Archie messed up! Tomorrow's will be longer