Chapter 30

2 weeks later

Veronica's POV
Ever since I got Reign back it has felt like everyday is a guessing game, but lately I've finally gotten myself on a schedule. I have a live in nanny named Grace who watches Reign while I'm in school and takes care of her while I do my homework. She also takes care of her if I go out to Pops or to Archie's house, which doesn't happen often since I'm still working on a bond with Reign. Archie has met Reign a few times and they get along well, but I don't want her confusing him as her father. Reggie still comes over everyday for breakfast and he stops by a few times a week after school, but the weekends are all mine. I'm sitting at my desk trying to do my schoolwork but I can hear Reign giggling in the other room. I stand up and walk into the room that we turned into her playroom. Grace is there with her playing on the ground and I lean against the doorframe, "can I have 15 minutes?" I ask her, not wanting to order her around all the time but desperately needing time with my daughter. "Sure. She's due for bedtime soon, I'm going to go get her pajamas ready" Grace says with a smile. I smile back at her and she walks passed me out the door. I walk over to Reign and sit in front of her. "Hey Reign. Mommy missed you" I say while picking her off the ground and putting her on my lap. "Mama" She babbles and I gasp. "Yes mama, I'm mama" I say with a smile, making her laugh. "I love you so much" I whisper before kissing her head, and lifting her to take her into Grace.

I walk into my room and grab my phone, dialing Archie's number. The phone rings twice before he picks up the phone:

A: Hey Ronnie
V: Hey, Arch. You busy?
A: Just finished my homework, why?
V: Well I've missed you lately, so I figured we could go on a date at Pops?
A: Hmm I think I can clear my schedule, for you
V: Pick me up in 20 minutes?
A: More like 10

He hangs up the phone and I laugh, tossing it on my bed and going into my closet. I change out of my pajamas that I already lazily changed into around 6:30 and I pull on a simple pair of jeans and a maroon crop top. I walk into the living room and I see my parents on the couch. "I think Grace is showering and I'm going out for an hour, can you listen for her, I doubt she'll wake up" I say while setting the baby monitor on the table. "Sure, Mija. Have fun" my mom says with a smile. "Thank you" I say while walking towards the door. I walk into the hall and my phone buzzes, with a text from Archie:

A: I'm outside
V: I'm coming

As I walk out the front door of the Pembrook I see Archie leaning against the side of his truck. He stands up straight when he sees me and I quickly walk down the stairs and jump into his arms. "Hmmm I missed you" I say as he slightly lifts my feet off the ground in a tight hug. He squeezes me a bit tighter before setting me down, "we just saw each other in school" he says. I roll my eyes, "Yeah but as much fun as it is to make out in school, I'd rather see you outside of school. And I haven't in a while, so I'm sorry about that" I say while putting my hands on his face. "Don't be. You have responsibilities, I understand" he says. I smile and stand on my tiptoes, quickly pecking his cheek before walking over to his truck. He walks over to the drivers side and climbs in behind the wheel, "let's go to Pops."

"Okay lets get you home" Archie says as we walk out of the diner. I shake my head and grab on tighter to his arm, "no, take me somewhere" I say with a smile on my face. He looks down at me and smirks, "where?" He asks. I shrug, "surprise me" I say. He nods his head and grabs onto my hand, saying "game on."

"Wait, lovers lane? No Archie this is where people die" I say, "I can't die I have a child" I finish. He smirks, "the Black Hood has been gone for over a year, Ronnie. And besides you said you missed making out, not me" he says. I roll my eyes and look out the window at the dark trees that line the road until we come to a stop.

45 minutes later, Archie and I are still making out in the front of his truck. Due to the average struggles of being a woman we've had to abstain from car sex, but heavily making out never hurt anyone. "Hmm" he says into the kiss, making me pull away. "What?" I ask confused. He laughs, "it's 11, we should probably get you home" he says. "It's not 11" I say, grabbing my phone to check the time. "Oh my god" I say at my phone, at the realization that it is 11. "Let's go" he says, shifting so he can drive home. "I don't wanna leave" I sigh, leaning my head on his shoulder. He takes one hand off the wheel and wraps his arm around my waist, kissing the top of my head. "I know" he says quietly. I sigh, "I love you. And as much as I love Reign, part of me wishes that everything can go back to the way things were" I say. He rubs my back, "Yeah I know. Me too" he says. I close my eyes and lay my head on his shoulder, slowly drifting to sleep.

I have an idea for what I can do next but not a lot of people will like it 😂 and it will keep this story going much longer. I'm not sure if I'll do it yet though 🤷🏻‍♀️