Chapter 20

Sorry I'm still getting used to when my update days are, I mixed them up.

Archie's POV
V: You still do dumb shit everyday. But I don't want to lose you

I stare down at the text that appeared on my phone a few minutes ago and the millions of ways I could reply run through my head. "Arch" my dad calls out as he walks through the front door. "In here" I yell from my dining room. My dad walks in and leans against a chair, "so I found Veronica walking home from school in the rain, I know that you drove her there this morning, any reason you didn't drive her home too?" He asks, narrowing his eyes at me. "I was driving her home but we argued and she got out of the car and refused to get back in the truck" I say. He shakes his head and sits down across from me, "What happened?" He asks. I sigh "I kind of got jealous" I say quietly. He smirks "of course you did" he says. I roll my eyes "what is that supposed to mean?" I ask. He chuckles "You're not going to deny that you're the jealous type, Arch. Because you are" he says. "And more often than not, you're jealous over nothing. Talk to her" he says, before standing up and walking away. I groan and press Ronnie's contact, proceeding to hit the call button.

V: Hello, Jealous- I mean Archie
A: Funny. And yes I was jealous. We need to talk in person, that is a lot
V: Okay. Come over
A: I'm on my way

I hang up the phone and register what just happened in that messy, rushed conversation. I'm going to her house? I shake my head in confusion and stand up out of my chair. I grab my keys from the key holder in the hallway and walk outside to my truck, on my way to Veronica's.

Veronica's POV
I sit on my couch and stare at the wall in confusion. Did I just invite Archie here? I groan and run my hands through my hair. "Dumb. Stupid. Loser. Idiot" I whisper to myself over and over. One step forward and two steps backward. A knock at my door pulls me out of my self pity party, and I stand up to go open it. I pull the door open and Archie is standing there with a slightly confused look on his face, probably the same one I have. "Hey. Come in" I say, awkwardly standing to the side of the door. He walks in and sits down on the couch, "so you wanted to talk" he says. I nod my head and sit down with him. "First. We both said some pretty harsh things so I say we just start fresh and talk rationally" I say. He nods his head, "Yeah I agree. And I'm sorry" he says. I nod my head "I am too" I say, "anyway. I think we should stick to being friends. Obviously we're both still emotional over what happened between us before" I say. He looks taken back but he nods his head, "Yeah. Just friends. That's what you want?" He asks. I nod "yes. That's what I... want" I say, noticing him move closer. I'm ready to tell him to stop but I know that I don't want to, so I don't. "I'm okay with that" he says. I take a deep breath and before I know it, I'm practically throwing myself at him.

Archie's POV
Suddenly, Veronica jumps to me and connects our lips. I instantly kiss her back and wrap my arms around her waist, I know this is wrong, but at this moment it's the only thing that feels right. I pull her across my lap so her legs are straddling me and I pull her closer to my chest. She moans into the kiss and I lose all train of thought. With every kiss we share there is more passion than the last, since we're making up for lost time there is so much raw emotion that the kisses are often sloppy, but still perfect. "We should stop" she whispers between kisses. I move down to her neck, "say the words" I mumble against her skin, "and we'll stop" I finish. I ravage at her neck, kissing, sucking, and biting at her skin, causing various noises to escape Veronica's mouth. "Don't stop, Archie" she whispers as I make my way up to her jaw. Her hands fumble with the hem of my shirt and I pull back and look her in the eyes, "are you sure" I ask, not positive she's ready for this much, this fast. "Yes. It's you. I want you" she says nodding her head. I pull my shirt over my head and soon enough, there's no going back.

Veronica's POV
I stare up at the ceiling in my bed and I look around me. Archie is lying next to me, naked, like we've done so many times before. But this time it's just not the same. "Ronnie?" He asks. I squeeze my eyes shut, then mumble "yeah?" He clears his throat, "I have to go. My dad will be pissed" he says. Normally I'd beg him, over and over, for him to stay 5 more minutes. 5 would then turn into 10, then to 15, and then eventually we'd fall asleep and it'd be all night, but that's not tonight. "Yeah. I get it. I'll see you at school" I say numbly. He quickly gets out of my bed and starts to pull his clothes on, "See ya" he says. I don't respond and seconds later I hear my bedroom door open and close. I look up and see he's really gone, so then I start to cry. Finally letting my emotions out I roll over into my pillow and weep. I let Archie in again, even though I know I will get my heartbroken. I'm constantly setting myself up for failure. Sleeping with Reggie. Failure. Motherhood. Failure. First relationship with Archie. Failure. Fling with Archie. Failure. I keep screwing up, but now I'm done. I'm going to change my future, even if it means cutting out my past.

Hope everyone likes this 💕