Chapter 26

Veronica's POV
As the credits to the movie Archie and I are watching roll I look over at him, and notice he fell asleep on my shoulder. I laugh quietly and slowly start to move so I can ease his head down on the couch. When I set him down I pull the blanket over him and lean down to plant a gentle kiss on his cheek. I grab the glasses and empty popcorn bowl off the table and take them into the kitchen to put them in the dishwasher. I hear the front door open and I turn around to see Fred walking in the door. He sees me and nods, and then glances over the couch to see Archie passed out. He smirks and then walks into the kitchen. "Sleeping beauty pass out?" He asks. I laugh, "yep. It's fine though I drove myself here" I say. He nods, "so I hear that you're getting your daughter back" he says. I nod, "Yeah. I want you to know I didn't ask Archie to be in this he said he was okay with it, I don't really get it but he insisted" I say. He nods, "Yeah he talked to me. I told him that whatever he decides I support him 100%, and that goes for you Veronica. You ever need a babysitter I'm sure construction sites are very safe for babies so feel free to give me a call" he says. I laugh, "thank you Mr. Andrews, I'll keep that in mind" I say. "Veronica you're a good person who made a mistake, that lead to you having a child. There is a reason for this all to happen, you'll be a great mother" he says. I smile with tears in my eyes, "thank you" I say, "I should head out, I'll see you next time." He nods and walks me to the door, "have a nice night, Veronica" he says as I walk down my stairs. "You two, Mr. A!" I call back as I get into my car, headed home with more confidence in my parenting abilities than I did before.

My phone rings in my ear, waking me up from the deep slumber I was in. Without checking the caller ID I press answer and hold the phone up to my ear.

V: hello?
?: Hello, Miss Lodge. This is Cindy Turner with the Adoption Agency. We have information for when we can get your daughter back to you.

I sit up quickly, and suddenly I'm wide awake.

V: Yes. That'd be great just let me grab a pen and paper.
C: Ready?
V: Yes. Go ahead
C: Okay it will be September 1st, at 12pm, at the Riverdale county justice of the peace. They need you to fill out paperwork to resume parental rights. Any questions feel free to call me back at this number.
V: Thank you, Cindy.
C: Of course, Veronica. Congratulations.

The line goes dead and I'm smiling from ear to ear. My phone rings again, and I almost expect it to be the same number, telling me that it was all a sick joke, but it's not. It's Reggie.

V: Reggie
R: Hey. Can we meet at Pops for breakfast. I've made my decision.
V: Sure. 15 minutes?
R: Yeah. See you then.

I hang up the phone and take a deep breath. This is going to be a long day.

As I walk along the sidewalk on my way to Pops I start to think of what Reggie will say. If he's in our daughters life I'm sure he will be a good father, at least he'll learn to be good. If he's not in her life, there will always be a void in her life, even though Archie will be there, hopefully, she will always be missing him. I walk up the stairs to the diner and pull the door open. The bells ring, making Reggie turn around and face me from the counter. "Wanna move to a booth?" I ask.

Reggie's POV (a/n game changer!¡!)
"Wanna take a booth?" She asks. I nod my head and follow her to the nearest booth. I sigh and run my hands through my hair, "I've been thinking about Reign nonstop since you told me that you had her in Paris. I've been wondering who she looks like, you or me. Or if she acts like you or me. Part of me was angry at you for giving her up but part of me understood why" I say, not exactly sure of what I'm trying to say. "I feel the exact same" she says. "I want to be in her life. I want to be her father. I appreciate you giving me an out but I don't want it" I say. She smiles, "that's great Reggie. But I feel obligated to tell you that-" she starts, but I cut her off. "That you're seeing Andrews and he's going to be in her life too" I say. She nods, "yes. But she will know you're her father, not Archie" she says, "you won't be replaced or forgotten." I give her a small smile, "thank you" I say. "We'll work out a schedule when she's older but I read that switching from house to house could slow down development"  she says. "You clearly did your homework" I joke, "and don't worry about it. My parents don't approve of this so I'll be coming to see her. I was hoping every morning for breakfast and sometimes after school? You can have the weekends, aside from breakfast" I say. She nods, "Yeah that works for me. We can always adjust as we go if it doesn't work" she says. I exhale, "we're gonna be parents" I say with a small laugh. "Crazy huh?" She asks. I laugh and nod my head, "I don't regret it though" I say. Her expression softens and it makes my stomach flutter. "I don't either" she says. "Lets order some food" I say, ignoring the feeling I just got. Veronica Lodge is the last person I can have feelings for. Ever.

Everyone loves Veronica Lodge 😂 hope everyone likes this 💕