face the truth.

Chapter 36: face the truth.

I walked along the bleachers. After the lost of matt, he decided to.join us in the cheer, he wasn't here yet so I just sat with everyone else who wasn't in the competition. Sadly stella lost and karla lost as well. Billy well he was disqualified, for personal reasons. 

  Eventually it was left between sawyer and ivy. Its ability so they will have to complete the tasks given perfectly. Who ever can't finish it they loose and wala the winner.

  " ok bets-" I cut shawn off.

" are we seriously betting on our friends."

" glad you can catch up." He said.

I simply rolled my eyes.

" ten on ivy." I finally said.

" sawyer." They all said.

" really?! No ivy. " they all stared at me as I argues. I rolled my eyes and sat down as I said

" you people are unbelievable."

As I games started, I noticed ivy. She gave me a side look then I went down stairs, directly to her.

" whats up?" She turned I noticed matt and sawyer. Sawyer was trying to stop him, holding him back. I quickly ran over before I could think

of anything.

" sawyer!"

" stay right there skylar!" I heard sawyer hiss.

" what why?" I heard angel run in.

" oh crud. How long?"

" twenty minutes." 

" shoot. Ok come on." Angel took off his jacket, grabbed matthews hands and wrapped it into his sweater.

" what's going on?" I walked behind them.

" i'll explain later but just get warm water." Angel commanded. I simply nodded and ran to get ashley and a bucket.

----------------------

" thanks Ashley. " I used levitation to help me with the heavy warm water in a bucket.

I looked around for angel and the guys. Once I spotted them I handed angel the warm water and then he quickly went over to matt. He looked pale.

When sawyer took off the jacket that wrapped matts hands, it was icy. Ice covered the inside. Once sawyer shoved matts hands inside.the warm water matt regained his color and he looked better.

" what happened?" I asked. 

  Angel looked at me then at matt then back at me. He hesitated before pulling me away and not looking back.

" ok. So matt has this thing. like everyone else.. He still can't control his powers."

" ok?"

" in his case it very hard to.understand.. But he needs to stay calm. If he get really mad. He explodes in anger. Then he won't be able to contain and control his powers." Angel said looking back at matt who was now thanking sawyer.

" so when sawyer told me not to move..."

" he was looking out for you. If matt lost control his ice powers would have froze everything. And when he goes like this, his ice powers are stronger. Its becomes harder to actually control them.  "

" so his powers... Their a gift.... But also a curse." I said looking back at matt, and angel simply nodded.

" yes."