Chapter 6

"So you'll be here Saturday?" I almost screamed in excitement over the phone as Erik explained he was coming to visit this weekend. "I can't wait!! You can finally teach me how to drive your motorcycle!"

We said our goodbyes to each other and hung up. I knew Jake would be excited to know that Erik was coming to visit him for his birthday on Saturday.

Which reminded me, I still needed to pick up Jake's present. I reached down to get my cell phone so I could check if my tickets were ready, when I saw a blinking light saying I had a message. When I unlocked my phone I saw it was a message from Seth and I immediately opened it.

Hey Sam! Guess what?!? I'm back!! --Seth

Seth had been gone the entire summer and I hadn't seen him since the last day of school. He and his family had left to England to visit some of his relatives for a family reunion. Seth had begged me for weeks to go with him, saying he didn't want to be around a bunch of old people that smelled like cats- apparently his family in England had some weird attraction to alley cats so they always stunk of...well, cats.

I did want to go, don't get me wrong, but I knew that if I did I would just ruin Seth's vacation, even if it was to a family reunion. What if Seth wanted to go to swimming or something that involved being outside in the sun? I didn't want to hold Seth back, I wanted him to have fun so I told him I couldn't go because I was afraid of cats. Seth obviously knew I was lying since his family had two cats, but he just let me off and said okay.

But it was the end of summer and he was finally back. I hit the reply button and began writing my message.

It's about damn time you came back!! You know how bored I've been without my punching bag???? --Sam

I hit the send button and a minute later I got a reply.

Aww u missed me. I knew u'd be sad w/out me lol Come to daddy so he can give u a big o'll smooch!! xoxoxo --Seth

Seth was always joking about being my second dad. Every time a guy would walk up to me he'd always say something stupid like "Step away from my daughter before your dick disappears" or "You want at it with my daughter? Well for your information she farts non-stop in her sleep, she sounds like a car engine gone bad". Embarrassing, but always entertaining to watch the guy's reactions.

Shutup, I only missed not being able to hit you. So we hanging out today? --Sam

I admit that I might have missed Seth more than I should have, but then who wouldn't miss their best friend after two and a half months?

Can't. Have work today. Red's gonna kill me if he knows I'm back and skipped on working. But I'll see u tomorrow. --Seth

Red owned one of the best coffee shops around and his store would always be packed. Without Seth around, and Red refusing to hire another employee, business was always backed up.

Kay, see you tomorrow. --Sam

I hit the send button and then threw my phone on the bed. It was now six o'clock and I had nothing to do. So I slept.

There was fire everywhere. The loud noise of tree branches breaking apart echoed through the forest.

Run. A sweet voice said. Run and don't look back.

Suddenly everything went quiet and I was no longer in the burning forest.

I stood in a large room filled with black and white roses. Taking a closer look I saw that each black and white rose was intertwined at the stem and for every bouquet there was a single rose in the middle of such exotic nature. The petals were alternating between black and white, while others were black in the middle and faded into a white at the tips. To the side there was a single card with the words To My Dearest...