Chapter 4

Dedicated to TheReadingAngel for the Awesome cover on the side :D

Chapter 4

The next morning was hell. My stupid alarm clock wouldn’t stop beeping even after I pushed the off button like twenty times. So I grabbed it and threw it at the wall.

Unfortunately it didn’t work.

Getting pissed I got up and decided the alarm clock needed to die. I grabbed the heaviest thing in the room I could find and dropped it on top of the clock. It took ten minutes of dropping and picking up and then dropping again before it finally shut off.

There was a knock on the door, a pause, and then Ester came walking in. This was one of the things I loved about this woman. She always knocked and if I didn’t object to her entering then she would come in. She didn’t just barge in like most parents do. She gave me privacy. What every teenager wishes for.

“Sweetie, what’s with all the noise?” Ester asked as she assessed the room for damage before resting her eyes on the ruined clock.

“Sorry Ester, it’s just the alarm wouldn’t shut off and I didn’t know what else to do.” I know I should call her mom but for some reason I could never bring myself to say it. It took her and Luke a while to get used to me calling them by their first names. Lucky for me that they never pressured me or got angry with me to call them mom and dad. Don’t get me wrong; I Love the two but I just couldn’t do it.

“So you pummeled it until it died? Why didn’t you just take the batteries out? ” She said with a smile forming at her lips.

Mental Slap!

Now I know I should’ve admitted how stupid I was for not thinking of that first but I didn’t want her to win. “Why? So when I put them back in it’ll start its stupid beeping again? No thanks. That thing needed to die a slow horrible death for waking me up so damn early. I mean what kind of monster wakes someone up this early?”

That wasn’t my best comeback but it was early and I was tired.

“Well next time you think of torturing a poor defenseless monster of a clock, do it more quietly. Some of us need our sleep before work.” She said as she walked out of the room.

“Shit! What time is it?” With my clock broken I had no way of telling what time it was.

“Its six forty-two. And watch the language!” Ester yelled from downstairs.

Grabbing the closest shorts and shirt I could find I began getting dressed and was out the door in two minutes.

As I began down the street, thoughts of the new boy flooded my mind.

Would I see him again? Would he look at me like he wanted to kill me again? Or would he just ignore me if he saw me? I wonder how tall he is. Does he have a girlfriend?

Whoa there! I was getting a little too ahead of myself thinking stuff like that.

But I had to admit, he was incredible to look at. His lean muscles that bulged when he flexed, the way his hair seemed to shine that made me want to just run my hands threw it, and his eyes. Oh his eyes. They were just gorgeous. I had only gotten a glimpse but I could tell they were a honey color.

I wouldn’t deny the fact that he was hot but he’s also a jerk and I refuse to spend my time thinking of a guy like that.

So I raised the music on my iPod until the lyrics were the only thing I thought about.

By the time I finished making my rounds and had gotten home I was a bit disappointed.

Though I know I should’ve been relieved I hadn’t seen him, I wasn’t. He was a jerk but I wanted to know why he had looked at me like that. He had spoken to me and there was nothing menacing in how he spoke but as soon as he looked at me it’s as if I were the devil himself. Talk about bi-polar.