Story 46: Dying Light Part: 9

Maknae Line Pov

Silence.

It was all silent.

Jungkook stared at Jimin with teary eyes, shaking his head, Jimin looked down, tears building up in his eyes.

"Why?
Why did this has to happen to us?!"Jungkook cried, falling onto his knees, sobbing. "We...we didn't get to do the things we still haven't done...we...it...it can end like this..."

"We can't...but you can."Jimin looked up at the maknae, weakly smiling as the younger sniffed.

"N-no. I...I can't leave you here to die."Jungkook told. "You're all my brothers, my hyungs, the ones I look up to and tease...you made me found myself. I can't live without you all."

"We love you Jungkook...don't throw this opportunity away...we want you to live on...even if we're not there with you."Jimin told, Jungkook nod slowly. "One step at a time Kook, we won't forget you."

Jungkook slowly stood up, wiping his tears away, looking down at Jimin one last time, Jimin nod.

Jungkook breathed in and out deeply, he turned away from Jimin, slowly stepping away from the boy, he started walking, then jogging then running.

Jungkook ran away, not looking back.

Jimin turned his head downward, seeing the gun on the floor, he reached towards it, trying to remain in control, he slowly raised it by his head, finger on the trigger.

"Jimin."

Jimin turned his head, seeing Taehyung looking at him while holding his arm, the older boy was about to say something but stopped when Taehyung revealed a bite mark on his arm.

Taehyung walked towards Jimin, sitting beside him, taking out a gun from his sweater pocket, the two boys looked at each other, a single tear rolling down both their eyes.

"Together."Taehyung told, holding onto Jimin's hand while also raising the gun to his own head.

"Together."Jimin closed his eyes, Taehyung did too.

Bang!

Hyung's Pov

Jin held a crying Namjoon, the young boy screaming, thrashing, sobbing, hurting.

"I killed them...I killed them!"Namjoon cried again, clinging onto Jin tight.

Jin hugged the younger tight, letting tears fall.

"Y-you did what you had to...i-it isn't your fault."Jin held back a sob.

"I'm a murderer!"Namjoon screamed, he buried his face on Jin's shirt, soaking the material.

Jin looked up when he heard a growl, he saw three creatures running towards them, Jin gulped.

Jin turned to run away but Namjoon didn't follow, he let go of Jin as he ran towards the creatures.

"Namjoon!"Jin yelled in fear.

Namjoon punched one of the creatures, then uppercut with the other one, he then tackled the last one, all three falling to the ground.

Namjoon breathed in and out heavily, he fell back only to be caught by Jin from behind, Namjoon looked up to the older boy, slightly smiled, Jin weakly smiled back as he helped Namjoon up on his feet.

"Don't scare me like that."Jin scolded as he slapped Namjoon's arm lightly.

"Sorry."Namjoon bowed his head.

"Its alright."

"Look at what I got from one of them."

Namjoon pulled out a gun, Jin's eyes widened, causing Namjoon to chuckle.

"We can be able to live longer with this, depending how many bullets we have here."Namjoon told, Jin nod.

"Let's keep moving."

Both Jin and Namjoon began walking, Namjoon holding onto the gun in case if any of the creatures tried to attack them.

"I can't believe we're living this nightmare right now."Namjoon sighed. "We lost half the group and we don't even know if we can survive this."

"The maknae's have a better chance maybe? What happened with Yoongi and Hoseok was...very traumatizing..."

"Yeah..."

The two boys stayed silent for a moment, not bothering to talk about that incident.

They both stopped, seeing five creatures almost in front of them, Namjoon raised the gun as Jin hid behind him.

The five creatures growled and ran towards them, Namjoon shot them, some aiming towards their shoulders, legs, or chest, three were shot down but two stayed standing.

Namjoon pressed the trigger, only for no bullets to fire.

"Dammit."Namjoon muttered.

Namjoon pushed Jin away, only to be tackled by one of the creatures.

"Run Jin!"Namjoon ordered.

"No!
I'm not leaving you!"Jin yelled, trying to help Namjoon but the other creature stood in front of Jin, growling at the boy.

"Find the others!
I'll handle this!"

Jin nodded hesistanly, running away as the creature followed him.

Namjoon hissed in pain, feeling the creature biting his leg, Namjoon grabbed the gun tightly, banging it towards the creature's head until it stopped moving.

Namjoon breathed in and out heavily, he checked the gun inside, seeing two bullets left.

Namjoon slightly laughed as a tear rolled down.

"We could've escaped, we could've kept on living..."

Namjoon stood up slowly, wincing a little, he walked further away from the creature that bit him.

He stopped walking once he reached towards the middle of the airport, seeing a large glass window covering from the building to the outside.

Namjoon placed the gun on his chest, a faint dimpled smile on his face.

It was nice knowing all of you...we all will be with each other again.

Namjoon closed his eyes.

Bang!