Viren held his forehead.

"Okay. Okay. Your concerns are valid Aghanya. I understand them. Let's discontinue the handcuffs experiment, okay? Let's go to the next stage. I want you both to play the No Contact Game."

Aghanya looked at Natasha curiously, "What is it about?"

"It's simple. You both will stay away from each other. No talking. No texting. No communicating in any way. No staying in the same house. No touching. No physical contact. If you both meet co incidentally at public places, you should treat others like strangers. That's all."

"For how long?" Viren asked her.

"As long as someone breaks the rule. The person who breaks the rule is the loser and the person who can endure it the longest is the winner. What say you? Should we try this?"

"Yes." Aghanya said.

"I don't like this one bit but fine." Viren sighed.

"Cool. Let's start from today or tomorrow?"

"Today. Right now." Aghanya snipped.

"Fine!" Viren said annoyed. "Let's start right now. Don't you come begging to me to talk to you."

"Oh we'll see."

***

Janvi walked to the police station the next day to find it hustling and bustling.

"Hey, Janvi." A colleague greeted her.

"Hey. What's going on?"

"All money's work. We arrested Aghanya Jha right? Her father contacted the CM and had our boss transferred."

"What in hell?"

"The only reason they're not laying their hands on you is because they think the media will connect it to the arrest."

"Rich people annoy me."

"But Janvi, aren't you happy? You know how creepy our ex boss was."

"I am happy though. Good riddance."

"Do you know about the new Chief?"

"He's young, in his late twenties and rich and I have heard he's not bad looking either."

"I'm pretty sure he has reached the post in such a young age through money and influence and nothing else." Janvi said because she was 27 herself and having a chief around her age didn't seem plausible.

"I also heard he comes from a family of doctors who are the owners of Dart Hospital so that bastard must've really used his doctor relatives and gotten in, am I right?"

"Yes he must've. How did you know?" Janvi asked nonchalantly only realising later that voice wasn't of her female colleague, because it was a male voice and it came from behind her.