Chapter 14 - Survivors

Vote and comment! It motivates me to keep writing!

감사합니다 💜

───●◎●───    

I stared out the window as I heard the front door shut. The seven guys were standing around a big truck chatting away before getting in. As the members got in one by one I wondered who picked them up.

Isn't it weird for seven guys to live in a place like this? I would certainly think it's weird if I had to pick up a group from a place like this.

I followed the car through the trees as it drove away until I couldn't see it anymore.

I sighed as I turned around, grabbing my cleaning supplies to finish the rest of my schedule.

I might as well clean, I got nothing better to do.

As I cleaned RM's second room, which was a recording studio, I tried to be careful with all the electronics, trying not to damage anything.

I looked at the bulletin board that hung above his desk, which was filled with lyrics.

'Once you become a monster, you can no longer be a person' stood out to me. I don't know for how long I stared at the quote, something was so mesmerizing about it. As if he was stating it wasn't his fault that he was this way as if he wanted to change but simply couldn't anymore.

Then again, I have no clue what he's on about, it could be about anything.

As I finished cleaning I made my way over to the living room. As I cleaned the television I accidentally turned it on.

"Whoops," I looked at the side of the television, to look for the button to turn it back off again until some news lady spoke about some interesting stuff. Quickly I focused on the screen, to see what the news lady was talking about.

"This is a follow up on the story of the mysterious girls who were found two weeks ago. To recap, 17 girls were found coming out of the forest near town, where a local man called the police," then it cut to a man getting interviewed.

"Yeah, a bunch of girls stumbled into my backyard, all kinda far away mentally. I asked where they came from and they didn't know, they couldn't even tell me their names. That's when I called the cops to help these ladies," the man stated.

"Turns out, these were 17 recent missing girls reports from all over the country," the news lady went on. "How they got together and where they came from is still a mystery. After intense therapy this past week all girls remembered everything up until the day of their missing. Scientists state that memory loss might have been done on purpose. Now reunited with family, further therapy is offered to try to gain their memory back."

"But that's not even all!" the man sitting next to the news lady said. "Just 5 days ago, two more girls were found stumbling through the forest, this time a lady who walked her dog found the two girls. Same symptoms as the previous girls, so now speculations are going around that there is still one girl missing."

"It makes sense," the lady started. "19 girls stumbled out of those woods, why would there be 19 and let's not say 20? Or even more. The team who's on the case is doubting that these are all the girls, that might have been taken by the same group."

"Maybe it was some sort of cult thing these girls joined, but then again, none of them remember stuff like that. They just remember that they were going somewhere one moment, and then they were stumbling through the forest the second," the man said.