Zayn hops down the flight of stairs and sees his mother Trisha wiping the dinning table clean. She looks up at her son and smiles. "Good morning honey."

"Morning mum." Zayn walks into the kitchen and grabs an apple from the fruit basket. He takes a bite out of it, the red fruit sounding crisp, and makes eye contact accidentally with his dad (who too entered the kitchen).

Zayn looks down while chewing the rest of the apple, because fuck, his dad gave him this awkward look.

Yaser gives Trisha a good morning kiss and fetches himself a pastry out of a container. The strawberry custard and cream cheese swarms inside his mouth as he indulges in every single bite like he was rubbing it in Zayn's face.

Zayn give his apple few more bites before tossing it in the trash, and then washes it down with a bottled water.

"Zayn dear, you're gonna miss the bus. I'd get going if I were you," insisted his mother.

Zayn shook his head. "Actually mum, my friend Luke is giving me a ride today."

"Well that was awfully nice of him! Speaking of friends, I'm inviting a friend over tonight for a big dinner and I thought you'd invite some as well?" Trisha had eyes filled with persistence.

Zayn gulped. Dinner was a very tensional and uncomfortable time for him. Not to mention having a bunch of people over made him even more nervous. "Well, I guess - I got to go. See you guys."

Before Trisha could get another word in, Zayn was out the door, relieved that Luke had texted him just at the right time. He saw Luke pulled up waiting in his Jeep. Zayn hops into the passenger seat and fastens his seat belt and Luke hits the road.

"You look gorgeous, princess," says Luke while eying Zayn like a piece of meat.

"Thanks," whispers Zayn. He wasn't even looking the blonde in the face. Actually, he was looking down because damn, Liam was getting to him.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay, suit yourself. Lets turn on some music." Luke turned on the radio to some random station and focused back on the road, of course still checking up on Zayn every once in a while.

Zayn was now looking out the window as he counted down the streets waiting for them to arrive already.

Zayn jumped along with the car as they drove over the road bumper to get into the school parking-lot. They park into a spot and Luke calls it good and turns off the engine. He sees that Zayn's still looking worried, so he decides to fix that. Yes he was just trying to get the boy into bed, but he still cared for his wellbeing.

"Something's obviously bothering you. Spill." Luke grabs Zayn's smooth chin and makes him look him in the eyes. "Please tell me."

"Well, it's kinda personal. It's honestly nothing - I'm exaggerating." Zayn smiled to reassure Luke. "Also, my Mum's throwing a big dinner for friends and what not and you're invited. If you want of course..."

Luke chuckles. "I'll definitely be there. Now lets go, yeah?"

They both get out of the car and head inside to kill time before they're forced to pretend they care about their education for eight hours.

~**~

Nothing eventful really happened throughout the day. Zayn sat with Luke and his friends at lunch again, and Luke even convinced Ashton to join him and Zayn at the dinner gathering tonight. Zayn didn't bother sharing a single glance with Liam that day. There was no denying he didn't feel something for Liam, but he honestly didn't like confronting people. Zayn considered himself a coward.