Chapter 8: Saying goodbye

Recap:

He never respected me, he hated me from the moment on I was born I know because he told me often enough, he hates me and if he finds out that the girl he wants is my mate he would do anything to get you and if that would mean to kill his own sister he would do it...”

I didn't know what to say so I just put my arm around her shoulders and let her cry into me.

Akja's P.O.V.

“Akja!”, hearing Angar shouting my name made me shiver of fear. I was so scared of him, I mean I loved him very much, he was my brother but he just scared me so much, when he was angry he often became violent. He killed my girlfriend for being mean but worse was, that I had to watch when he killed her, that I had to look into her eyes when she was about to die, that I had to see the fear in her eyes and that I couldn't even help her. And he showed me so often that he hated me, that he didn't want me to be his beta, that he just didn't feel anything else than hate for me and it hurts so much to know that my own brother hated me with the full of his heart... I could die and he wouldn't even care, I could mate with who I wanted he wouldn't care but not if it was someone he wanted to have for his own... if Angar wanted anything he got it no matter what he had to do to get it, he always got what he wanted... and that was was scared me so much cuz I knew he wanted Tamin and he would do anything to break us apart so he could get her and if that would mean he'd have to kill me... he'd do it and he wouldn't even care.

“Akja!”, he shouted again. I ran to him to see what he wanted.

“Akja, where have you been last night?”

“I … I was-”

“Jake told me Akja! Did you really think I wouldn't find out what was going on between you and my girl!?”

“She is not your girl Angar!”, I shouted back, getting really angry hearing him calling my mate his girl.

“Don't you dare even talk to her again, Akja. I'll make your life hell if you do that.”

“Do what, huh!? Kissing my mate? Mating with my mate? She is mine Angar, got it!?”, I knew I'd regret that I said that but I couldn't take him saying things like that.

“Leave the pack.”

“What..?”

“Leave the pack, Akja! Now!”, hearing him shout that made my heart stop... he wanted me to leave my pack!? Where could I go? I belong to this pack I don't have anyone else...

“Akja I'm serious. I give you this one chance. You can leave the pack now and never come back or you stay and I'll kill you.”

Without saying anything I turned around, went out of the room, out of the house and ran into the forest. I ran and ran and ran as fast as I could I just couldn't stop thinking about Tamin, I'd miss her so much, she was my mate, I loved her, I needed her but it was the best if I'd leave... if she wanted to find me she would find me, she would find a way to find me and to be with me if she wanted to … at least I hoped that.

I turned around one last time, looked back at my old life one last time and yowled to my pack one last time, saying goodbye knowing I would never see them again, then I turned around again and ran forward, ran into a new life, ran to find a new pack, ran hoping Tamin heard my yowl and would know what happened to me, that she wouldn't worry to much and that one day I would see her again.