12. My ending

Beginne am Anfang

"Mum" I whisper and I barely make note of the small groan that escapes her lips. I turn around and see him standing in the door way smirking at me.

I feel anger build like I've never felt before, but I can't move. I can't leave this women again. This time I'm old enough to stand up to him , he will not force me out again. I turn back to my mum and bend down towards her "mum, can you hear me?" She lets out a small groan. I sigh knowing that she's still here even if it's just about "I'm going to get us out, I promise we will be together" I notice the faint noise that comes out of her mouth, she's dying I know it.

"What the fuck have you done?" I shout at him while still trying to decide how I'm going to get my mum out of this situation alive.

"Ah you know Harry she's pissing me off, moaning on and on. Going on about you for the last seven years doing my fucking nuts in!" He walks further in the room "plus she tried to leave me, tell the police what's going on, I wonder where she got that idea from" he rubs his chin and looks at me tilting his head.

I suddenly wonder if me telling her to leave put her in this situation. Was this all my fault if I had told her to hold on a little longer I could of walked out here with her holding my hand.

"Fuck you" I glare at him. "We're leaving" I reach for the ropes around her hands and start undoing the knots.

His arm suddenly rains down on her and my eyes widen at the sight of what's just happened.

"Noooo!" I lean over and hold onto my mums neck where blood is seeping out, he stands back with a knife in his hand. He wipes the blood off on the bed sheets.

Tears are streaming down my face and I'm desperately trying to save my mum when I know she's more or less gone from my hands.

"Mum, I'm so sorry this is my fault. I should of come back sooner. I should of taken you away" I'm begging for her not to leave me.

There is no life in her body and I know I now have to kill him.

"You arsehole" I stand up and lunge for him but he steps back and swings his knife at me and it catches my arm I groan in pain., but the pain is nothing compared to just watching my mum being murdered in front of my eyes. My last memory of her will always be this, my memories of her before I left for boarding school are more or less faded now.

"Come on little boy" he's waving his hand to get me to come closer to him. I haven't got a chance he's armed and I know from the glare in his eyes he's been drinking.

I need a weapon to help myself. I need to give myself the best chance against him for my mums sake. I need to end him. I rush out the door and pull my phone out my pocket as I head down stairs.

"Police please, my mums been murdered by her husband, he's trying to kill me too. Please hurry" I drop the phone on the floor and head to the kitchen to search for a knife.

I open a few drawers to find they are all empty, nothing. He must of emptied them all before I came home.

"Fuck" I run my hands through my hair.

I head back out the kitchen my heart is pounding in my chest so much I'm sure he can hear it. I have no idea where he is I run back upstairs past my mums room and all I see is red and her lifeless body bound to the bed.

I open my old bedroom door and kneel down to the floorboards and pull them up. I pick my box up which is full of my music that I use to write and keep it hidden as if he saw he would beat me with his belt. Inside the box is a small knife I use to keep for when I would be brave enough to use it and kill him. Today is that day.

I pick it up and hold it in my hand and quickly put the box back and put the floor boards back down, before I can think what to do next I'm thrown to the floor with a bang. My head is pounding and I feel a wetness seeping from the back of my head. I've been hit, with what I don't know. I try and get up but I can't. All I can hear is loud ringing in my ears.

Another blow to my head and I can't see, what the hell is going on. I thrash around in pain trying to get control of myself.

I've never felt pain like it, the blood is running into my eyes and I can taste it as it flows over my lips. This is it. I know this is how I'm going to die.

The boy murdered by his step dad that's how they'll know me.

Not the boy who loves to play piano, who won many awards at school for my skill. Not the boy who got the highest level of qualifications in the school who had such a future ahead of me. No one will know of the songs I wrote or that I can sing.

I will never grow up and have children or get married. I will never find the love of my life and live happily ever after.

I managed to roll over onto my back, I want to see him. I want to watch him as he kills me. I open my eyes slowly they are hard to open but I manage enough to see him. He's smirking. He has a golf club resting over his shoulder.

A golf club, I get murdered by a golf club. I can't help but let out a little laugh.

"This is funny? Is this fucking funny to you?" He kicks me hard. I try my hardest not to make a sound I don't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing he's caused me pain.

I try to speak but it's only then I notice I can't, maybe my jaw is broken or something my whole head and face hurts it's hard to tell. I look up at him and see the golf club come flying down to me and smash into my face. The pain over takes anything I've ever felt. I know my face is unrecognisable and it's probably broken in many parts.

I can't move at all, my whole body is paralysed. I know the end is coming and I only wish it would hurry up so I can be with my mum. Something we've always wanted just me and her. Finally we can be that way forever.

Smash.

Another blow to my head I feel like my head has just exploded. There is a ringing in my ear but over the ringing I hear the faint sound of police cars. They are fast as I can hear them more clearly by the second.

I wish I could speak but nothing in my body is mobile, I wish I could say final words to him but then again I don't want to use my last breath on him.

"Police! Place all weapons down!" I faintly hear. My hearing must be going as they seem far away although I know they are probably at the bottom of the stairs.

I managed to slightly open one eye enough to see the golf club swing down on my head once more before it all ends.

The final words I hear as I drift into an unwakable sleep is "it's a shame you could of been something in this world"

____________________________