Reality Or...Illusion?

~ Present ~

(y/n)'s PoV

I walked into the long hallways of the hotel, my mind drifting off to everything that had happened to me since Jungkook had forcefully entered my life. I had been desperately trying to avoid it and then without me realizing it, I had fallen deeply in love with the man that was Jeon Jungkook.

I wanted but couldn't be mad at him, not even if he tried to kill me. I was way too in love. In no time, I reached the hotel's front door and opened it slowly only to be greeted by the night's cold air. I walked outside and regretted immediately my choice of clothes. I was still in my pajamas with no coat and it was a really chilly night.

I walked and walked and walked until I reached a park and entered it. Sitting on a bench, I closed my eyes and the memories came flooding back. A tear slipped from my eye and I wiped it away. It was useless. My heart had once again shattered to pieces and the tears fell freely. I didn't try to stop them because it somehow numbed the pain a little. I had been suffering silently for so long that for once, I didn't care if people saw me crying.

I wanted to be strong for the ones I loved but the reality was that I was weak. Just a little and useless human who couldn't even fight for her happiness. For once, I wouldn't think about others and be selfish. I would cry my eyes out, scream my lungs out, break things. Anything. Anything that would make the pain go away.

I was tired. I just wanted to be happy... Was that too much to ask? Was love and peace not meant for me? Had I done something wrong? I had been hurting myself for so long after Christ's fake death, punishing myself for something I wasn't even responsible for. I had helped as much people as I could and tried to be the best person alive.

I had made myself believe that Jungkook didn't truly love me because inside, I wasn't mad at Yoona. To be completely honest, I was ready to give away my first love to her because I knew that my family was part of what she had gone through. My dad had had an affair with her mother but had left her as soon as he had heard she was pregnant.

Everything. Everything was just too much for me to take in. I wanted it to stop and if it meant to stop fighting, I was ready to let go. I was ready to die to stop the pain.

Jungkook's PoV

I layed down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. She... She left. I had been a complete asshole to her and I just...

'I still love you... I still want you'

I turned on the bed, resting on my stomach and put my hands on my head. I thought about her face again and pulled on my hair roughly.

She looked as pale as a ghost. Closing my eyes, I let go of my head and took my phone from the bedside table.

23:30

My eyes widened when I saw the time.

'(y/n) may be in trouble!!'

I stood up immediately and rushed out of the room. I looked everywhere around the hotel but didn't find her. I rushed to the reception and asked the lady there if she had seen (y/n).  She asked me if I was talking about a weird crying woman leaving the hotel in pajamas and I nodded immediately. She told me that the woman we were talking about had gone to the direction of the park. I thanked her and rushed out of the hotel.

I checked my phone again and gasped.

23:57

I sped up and entered the park. It was freezing cold outside and thinking about what (y/n) was wearing, my heart raced. I looked around and then spotted a figure, sitting on a bench, who was looking up at the sky. I ran even faster and hugged her tightly. Letting go to see her confused face, she said.

(y/n)- What... Are you doing here?

23:59

Jungkook- This.

00:00

And I kissed her. Her eyes widened and she didn't kiss back immediately but then I wrapped my arms around her waist and suddenly felt something wet come in contact with my cheeks.

She was crying.

She kissed back and I pulled her even closer to me. I let go of her once again and pulled her into another tight hug.

(y/n)'s PoV

Jungkook let go of me and pulled me into another hug. For once... I would be selfish. I would be happy, no matter what these damn other people had to say.

Suddenly, my vision got blurry and my legs felt weak. Jungkook held onto me and my eyes closed. The last thing I heard was...

'(y/n)!!! Please fight. Don't let go! Please wake up...'

             ~ TO BE CONTINUED ~