Unforgettable Mistake

~ Two Years Earlier ~

Yoongi's PoV

I was talking to Jimin and Angie who were now officially married even though Jungkook had left looking like a mom who had learned her child had gotten in trouble. Angie couldn't stop moving because both (y/n) and Jungkook were nowhere to be seen and it was really getting on her nerves. 

Suddenly, the room got silent and I turned back to look at Jungkook. His hair was a mess and his clothes were even worst. I ran to him and hugged him tightly. That's when...That's when he cracked. He fell on the floor crying, his eyes were red and puffy and his bottom lip was bleeding- probably from biting it too hard. I hugged him tighter and tried to calm him down. It took quite long for him to do so but after breathing in and out, he looked at me and a single tear slipped from his eye.

"I'm sorry..."

~ Time Skip ~

I was at home, restless as usual and walking back and forth in (y/n)'s old room. I stopped moving and looked at her desk, there was a photo frame on it and I walked towards the desk and picked the frame up. We were at an amusement park then, she was so excited to ride the roller coasters...It was almost funny. 

-

(y/n)- Oppa!! Hurry up! We are going to miss our turn!

Yoongi- *chuckle* I'm coming.

-

A tear landed on the picture I was holding and realized I was crying. I wiped it away and placed the photo frame where it belonged before letting my tired body fall to the ground.

Yoongi- I'm so sorry..! I couldn't even save you. *sob* I-I'm the w-worst brother ever..! I'm so so sorry..!!

And then, I collapsed. When I woke up, I was in my bedroom. Adjusting my eyes to the light my lamp was emitting, I saw Esmesis sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at me worriedly. When she saw me slowly waking up, she smiled sadly and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes, enjoying this simple yet so important feeling. She let go and looked at me straight in the eyes.

Esmesis- I know..You're sad. We all are but...(y/n) wouldn't want you to act like you do. She wouldn't want you to hurt yourself like you do now. She loved you with all her heart and now you're doing the complete opposite of what she wanted for you. Do you think she would like seeing you like that if she was still here? If she was still....alive?

I saw tears rolling down her cheek. Esmesis and the girls considered (y/n) like their sisters so it was as hard for them as it was for me. I sat up and hugged her tightly. She cried and cried and cried until tiredness took over her body and she fell asleep in my arms.

Yoongi- I'm sorry. For not being good enough...For you, Jungkook, (y/n)...For everyone...

And then I lied back down on the bed and hugged Esmesis, slowly falling into a deep slumber. 

~ The Next Morning ~

I walked into the kitchen to find Esmesis already there. I smiled at her and kissed her temple. She smiled back and gave me a cup of hot coffee.

Esmesis- Did you sleep well- Did you sleep at all?

Yoongi- I'm Min Yoongi. Of course I slept.

Esmesis- Well I was just asking. You've been pretty tired these few days...

Yoongi- I know..Sorry for worrying you. Anyway! Wanna go out on a date with me today?

Esmesis- Sur-

My phone buzzed and I looked at my phone with annoyance.

Who could be texting me so early in the morning?

 Immediately, my smile faltered and was replaced by a frown.

Esmesis- Who is it?

Yoongi- Yoona.

Esmesis- That girl who suddenly appeared announcing that she was your step-sister?

Yoongi- Yeah...

Esmesis- What does she want?

Reading the message she sent me, my frown turned into a surprised look.

Yoongi- Jungkook...proposed to her.

Esmesis- WHAT?!

~ Later That Day ~

Yoongi- ARE YOU CRAZY?! (y/n) DIED AND YOU JUST GO AROUND MARRYING MY STEP-SISTER? DID YOU REALLY NOT LOVE (y/n) AT ALL?!

Jungkook- Oh shut up hyung. I'm already fed up of you all shouting at me for no reason..!

Yoongi- No reason?! (y/n) died-

Jungkook- She didn't.

Yoongi- What..?

Jungkook- (y/n) isn't dead. Christ took her away and...forced me to sign the documents...

Yoongi- What...documents?

Jungkook- Divorce...

Yoongi- How...How could you lie to me like that?! I've always been protecting you and you lie to me?!

Jungkook- I did nothing wrong!

Yoongi- You told me my sister fucking died and now you're marrying my step-sister who just appeared from god knows where!!!

???'s PoV

I watched from afar, smiling wickedly to myself.

Yoona- You think your family is perfect? Guess what? It's not. I'll make sure to ruin your life...For everything your family has done to me.

And I left my so-called step-brother and soon-to-be-husband to fight among themselves.

                                            ~ TO BE CONTINUED ~