Promise

~ Present ~

(y/n)'s PoV

I got out of the bathroom, already changed and found Jungkook laying in bed, remote control in one hand and a glass of coke in the other, switching channels repeatedly. I sat next to him quietly and watched him carefully search for something to watch. He finally found something after about thirty minutes and looked at me. We made eye-contact and my eyes widened. I looked away immediately and I heard Jungkook chuckle. 

He suddenly sat up and removed his shirt. Blushing furiously when I saw his shirt flying over my head to land on my side of the room, I gasped and turned towards him.

Bad move.

My cheeks reddened and I covered my eyes rapidly. Jungkook was laughing his a*s off while I turned shades and shades darker in embarrassment. I stood up and was about to make my way to the bathroom again when I suddenly got pulled down by the wrist. Landing on something hard, his chest, I gasped and sat up.

Another bad move.

Looking down, I saw Jungkook smirking at me. I was sitting directly on his...you know...ugh! I quickly got off him and pulled the blanket over my head, mumbling curses during the process.

Jungkook- What is it, (y/n)? Something wrong?

I could feel his smirk through the blanket. I pulled it tighter around me and Jungkook chuckled again.

(y/n)- Stop laughing..!

Jungkook- Alright, alright. Will you please get out of under the blanket now?

I peeked my head slightly and I saw Jungkook looking at me with a bunny smile. I sat up properly and he, unexpectedly, hugged me. His head resting against my stomach, my breath hitched from the ticklish sensation and my hand went down to play with his soft brown hair.

(y/n)- What are you doing?

Jungkook- I...Could we please stay like that a little more?  

(y/n)- Um...Alright.

Jungkook thanked me and snuggled further into me. My back rested against the headboard while Jungkook hugged me tightly. 

After some time, he let go and yawned. I chuckled lightly and looked at him while fixing the mess that I had made his hair become when playing with it.

(y/n)- You're already tired?

Jungkook- Well, you exhausted me.

(y/n)- But you were the one teasing..!

Jungkook- How do you expect me to not tease you with what you're wearing right now on?

I looked down and realized that my nightgown wasn't really...appropriate?

appropriate?

 (y/n)- I...I-I'm sorry...I-I'll go change.

Jungkook grabbed my wrist and smiled at me.

Jungkook- No need, really. Let's go to bed. We need to rest for tomorrow.

(y/n)- O-Okay...

We layed next to each other, back to back and I closed my eyes, hoping that sleep would take me away from all my fears and problems. Unfortunately, I wasn't that lucky....

Jungkook- (y/n), are you sleeping?

(y/n)- I'm trying but with you talking, it will be a bit difficult.

Jungkook- Sorry...It's just...

(y/n)- ...Is something wrong?

Jungkook- Do you...Do you love Christ?

(y/n)- Jungkook I-

Jungkook- Please.

I just sighed and turned towards him. He was already facing me and I looked deeply into his eyes.

(y/n)- You forgot, didn't you?

Jungkook- Forgot...what?

(y/n)- What I told your mom.

Jungkook- My...mom?

I sighed again and remembered that day as if it was the day before.

-

Jungkook- Mom... This is (y/n), my soon-to-be wife.  

-

Jisu- So, (y/n) tell me a little about yourself.  

-

Jisu- Why do you want to marry my son?

-

(y/n)- Ah. To be completely honest with you... At first I hated Jungkook... He acted like a child and being my teacher, I never really saw him as more than that. Then, we slowly got closer and I came to realize that Jungkook was the only person that could completely understand me. We fought a lot and there were times where I was ready to let go but... He was there, by my side and he supported me through all the difficulties. I've never met someone as caring, loving, hard-working, funny and smart as him. True, he can be annoying sometimes but it's just a part of him that makes him shine even more. After all the things I went through since the beginning of this year... I can definitely tell you that Jungkook is my one and only. The first and last person in whom I put my full trust. And... The first and last person to whom I give my heart. I love him and nobody will be able to change that. Not even you.  

-

Jisu- I see. Well, (y/n), I'm glad to tell you that you passed the test.

-

Jungkook- *sigh* Mom does this to each and everyone of my girlfriend and apart from Seolhyun... You're the first to pass it.

-

Jisu- Please take care of him. I love him more than I love myself and he's fragile. He can be hurt easily so... Watch over him for me.

-

I smiled to myself at the memory and looked at Jungkook once again. His eyes were wide and I smiled sadly at him.

(y/n)- The good old days, right? Life was so much easier back then...

Jungkook- (y/n) I-

(y/n)- You don't have to say anything. I understand that you love Yoona now and that-

I couldn't finish my sentence as I felt Jungkook's soft lips against my own. The kiss was light, his lips barely touching mine, and my eyes shot opened, three times their normal size. He backed away and my eyes, still extremely wide, made contact with his.

(y/n)- What- Why- Uh-

Jungkook- I still love you...I still want you...

                       ~ TO BE CONTINUED ~