36: Calm

"How much money does your family HAVE?" Nico asked Will, gazing around the very extra hotel room.

"I've no idea. Did I never tell you what my dad does?"

"No?"

"He's a country singer. I'm obviously not one for country, but he makes bank off of it, so I'm fine with it." Will flopped back on one of the two beds, relishing the softness.

"So... What do you want to do?" Nico asked, sitting down next to Will. Will sat up, kissing Nico on the nose. Nico giggled.

"That's the cutest sound in the world." Will told him.

"Are you going to call me cute every time I giggle?" Nico asked, exasperated.

"Are you going to call me hot every time you see any part of my torso?" Will retorted. Nico was silent for a moment, blushing.

"Fair enough."

"Mhm. We can do whatever you want, babe. I'd suggest the pool, but meh." Will shrugged. Nico had a mischievous look on his face.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Nico asked him. Will got the exact same look on his face.

"Arcade battle?"

"Arcade battle."

And so Nico sprinted out of the hotel room. And then immediately walked back in.

"Okay, go ahead and abandon your boyfriend that can't walk, why don't you? Thanks for coming back." Will joked.

"I was actually more worried about bringing a room key with me... I mean, yes, I came back to help you." Nico was quick to be back by Will's side.

"Wow, okay, rude." Will faked offense. He stood up, putting one of the hotel room keys in his pocket and walking next to Nico with his crutches.

"I'm surprised you haven't really reacted to the fact that your house is gone." Nico mentioned.

"Honestly, it's probably because I haven't thought about it. And I think, subconsciously, I want this to all be a dream. So I'll probably have a breakdown about it some time tomorrow."

"Ah. Makes sense."