18: Eyes

"Nico, do you wanna sleep over? Would your parents let ya?" Naomi asked Nico, setting down a cutting board with a newly thawed frozen pizza down on a desk.

"I don't think my dad would care at all, no. I would like to, if Will's alright with it." Nico answered, glancing at Will. Will grinned.

"Hell yeah, I'm good with that."

"Just no strenuous activity, and-" Naomi was interrupted.

"Stay off devices as much as possible. I know, mom. I read the site too." Will told her. She smiled and walked away.

"Am I supposed to go home and get stuff?" Nico asked.

"Nah, we have a bunch of extra toothbrushes and shit. My friends used to randomly sleep over so we stayed prepared. Eat up, this is absolutely amazing." Will started eating the pizza, sitting on the bed. Nico eventually joined him, and they sat in silence as they ate for a while.

"You know, someone's eyes can tell you a lot about them." Will brought up suddenly. Nico raised an eyebrow.

"I've heard that, yes."

"Well, all my friends used to have this ritual where you just stared into each other's eyes. It's kinda bizarre, but now I notice eyes a lot more. Eyes really are beautiful." Will gushed.

"So you want to stare into my eyes, is what you're saying." Nico offered. Will nodded.

"Yeah. Just for a minute. And only if you want to, obviously." Will said, a bit excitedly. Nico shrugged, shifting to face him.

"Sure, why not." Will shifted so he was facing Nico.

And so they did stare into each other's eyes, though their gaze would wander to other parts of the face. They each notices things new.

Nico got himself mesmerized by Will's sky blue eyes, absolutely fascinated. He had good reason; Will's eyes weren't just sky blue. They were sky blue mixed with electric, azure lining the edge.

And staring into Nico's eyes? That was the beginning for Will.