25: The Comeout

I lied.

Because Will was deeply in love. More in love Nico than he'd ever been in love in all his 17 years, more in love than both of his past relationships combined.

Notice the lack of mention of how in love Nico was.

Will walked into the bathroom like any other time, finding a stall and doing what he had to.

And then two people walked in, two different familiar voices. Will picked his legs up so as not to be seen as he heard them starting to talk.

"No one cares no matter what bathroom I'm in. Guess they just realized that I do what I want." Piper said.

"Sure. Pipes, what do I do?" Nico asked her, sounding almost desperate.

"Break it off. Simple. If you don't want to do it, don't."

"I can't do that, it'll break his heart. I don't have the will to break up with someone."

"Then be an annoying little shit until he does it for you. I believe that you shouldn't stay in a relationship if there's no feelings, ya know?"

"I was kind of hoping being in the relationship would force feelings to appear. I just don't think of him like that. But I still want to be friends with him." Nico vented his problems to his friend, not knowing that his problems were listening. Will unlocked the stall door and faced Nico.

"Sounds like a plan. Since being in a relationship with me is so taxing on you, we can be just friends. You don't know how to break up with someone, but I know. We're done. See you in class, friend." And with that, Will walked out and to his next class. Nico had such a delayed reaction that Will was already in class and talking to people by the time he got to him. Nico sat down like normal, stealing glances at Will all period.

Will almost felt bad about how he reacted. He'd read enough fanfiction. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, they were talking about something completely different. Yeah, he thought. It was a misunderstanding.