1: Meet Cute. Kind of.

Nico let out a sigh of relief at the sight before him; a newly graded math test with a big, fat C on the top. He relaxed back in his chair, not caring much to see what he'd missed.

"Do you need a tutor?" The kid behind him spoke up, startling Nico just a bit. The kid laughed as Nico nearly fell out of his chair.

"No, why would I?" Nico asked once he was properly in his chair.

"I mean, you got a C. You could always do better than that. I can tutor you so you get a better grade when you retake." The kid explained. Nico turned around now, faced with a boy with hair as blonde as the sun seemed and eyes the color of the sky. Not to mention the star-style freckles that littered his face.

"I don't need a tutor. A C is a very fine grade. I'm not retaking." 

Will studied the strange boy. He wondered how he didn't notice him every before; Will knew everybody, how did this kid escape that? It wasn't as though he was particularly special, that was probably why. Pale, sort of olive skin, paired with an almost midnight black mop of hair that looked like it'd be nice to play with, and dark chocolate eyes. Disregard the part about his hair. Because he definitely wasn't thinking about playing with the boy's hair. Definitely not.

"But you could always do better than a C." Will pressed. He was only really trying so he could know the kid, at this point. He prided himself on being able to point at any kid and know their name and some fact about them. He simply had to get that information about him.

"Yeah. I could. But I have little reason to." The bell rang for lunch, "See ya." And he was gone almost within seconds.

"Got something for black hair, Will?" Kayla prodded as Will watched Nico run out of the room.

"You shush."

A/N I kinda hate writing in this format. I'm used to writing in the actual, mla format, but wattpad refuses. But whatever. Chapters may be small but I'm hoping to make up for that by writing a lot of them. Hope you enjoy