30: Prank

"Will? Can I ask you something?" Nico asked him softly. Will glanced around confusedly but nodded.

"I know that it didn't go well last time, but... would you be my boyfriend?" Nico spoke a bit slowly. Will's eyes almost instantly filled with tears, something Nico assumed was out of joy.

"That's not funny, you know." Will told him. Nico just seemed confused.

"What isn't?"

"You asking me to be your boyfriend, Nico. It's not a funny prank or joke." Will stated. He took a step back from Nico and Nico took a step forward.

"It's not a prank, I actually want to-"

"Then what changed? Why? You were so sure that we were just friends no less than a month ago, how did your feelings change in the time? Because I know mine haven't." Will was almost yelling at Nico. Nico didn't really understand.

"Will, I just-I'm not joking. I want to be with you, i really honestly do-"

"There's no reason for you to-"

Will was cut off by Nico rushing at him, pulling him close and kissing him. Will, of course, kissed back instantly. Nico pulled away from Will for just a moment.

"Would you be my boyfriend?" Nico asked him again quietly. Will nodded.

"I'm sorry, I overreacted, I've been really stressed and-" Will was cut off again by Nico kissing him.

"Shush. It's alright."

And then the bedroom door swung open.

"Hey Will- Hey, what did I say about being gay when there's people here?" Kayla laughed as Will and Nico blushed.

"It was only basic gay. We're allowed to be basic gay with people here, but SUPER gay is when it'll be an issue. What do you need?" Will stepped completely away from Nico.

Something Nico had noticed about Will is his ability to look like everything is fine. Almost always. He could have a breakdown and, visibly, he'd seem completely fine. His mood might change, his attitude, how he moves. But visibly, he could go from nervous breakdown to completely alright within seconds. And, even worse, he wasn't too bad at hiding a bad mood either. He was hard to read if you didn't know him exceptionally well.

And that's what just happened. Will went from crying to all good the moment Kayla walked in.

"I'm taking the red bike fidget." Kayla told him, going through a drawer.

"The fuck you are! The bike fidget is the best one, go buy your own." Will grabbed it before she could, holding it protectively.

"Fine. You didn't even have to buy yours, though." Kayla complained.

"Yeah, that's because I go out and volunteer for shit. Shoo." Will stuck his tongue out at her and she left.

"Anyway... What changed?" Will asked Nico.

A/N I like my love stories DRAMATIC. I think y'all'll like the next chapter, genuinely. The chapter after that is really nice too. Just a buncha fluff :)