Who? (Winter)

Hunger

That was the only thing running through Winter's mind on repeat. There was no doubt that he had lost much of his weight.

Winter looked down at his tattered body, trying to imagine how he used to look compared to now. It was obvious that he was not like he used to be. His scales were a dull grey, dirt practically caked beneath the scales along his legs, and every bone and muscle in his body was very visible due to the lack of nourishments.

His large wings draped heavily at his side as he found it easier to save his energy that way. Meals consisted of rotted fruit and fish. Occasionally a seal was brought in every once in a while. Moon tried to sneak food to him as much as possible, however, it wasn't much really.

Every time Moon brought him food, he made sure she ate at least half of it. He could stand the hunger at this point, he didn't want her to have to 'get used to it'.

Winter frowned slightly. It had been nearly five days since he had seen Moon and being worried was an understatement.

"You should really just let the wounds heal on their own. Your frostbreath is not helping them." He had forgotten about the Rainwing nurse trying to help him.

She was small compared to him, and slender. Her scales tended to be a deep blue dappled with light grey dots here and there. One of her horns was broken off, something about defying one of the guards. Winter never really paid much attention to her as she constantly talked, finding anything she said dull.

"That Moonwatcher dragon, I don't see what is so important about her." This caught Winter's attention. "I mean, she's just a Nightwing who was close to Darkstalker. No big deal." Her voice was soft as she dabbed at the open wound on his wing left from the whip of a Shadow Guard.

Winter moved his wing away from her, annoyed with her presence now. "She is a strong mind reader and has the abilities to see the future. She has been mentally tortured by Darkstalker himself along with having her wing snapped in half by him. She is very important and I suggest you treat her as such." He growled out. His voice was thick and hoarse as he spoke, the lack of water being the cause of it.

The Rainwing looked up at him, startled by his words. "So you do speak."

"Not to lousy Rainwings. If you're done, get out." His face showed no emotion, only staring straight ahead at the mouth of the cave.

She huffed and narrowed her eyes up at him, a ripple of red going through her scales before going back to their original colors. "You know, I could help you." She harshly whispered.

He barely glanced at her, that not being the first time she had said that. "Are you wearing skyfire?" He asked in a monotoned voice.

She blinked, confused by why he would ask. "You mean the black rocks Darkstalker has banned? No, of course not! I'm not stupid." She said pointedly.

"Great. Go find Moonwatcher and bring her here." He stated, casting a bored stare over to her. "Then we'll talk." He stated.

She walked around so she was facing him, a ripple of pink to flash through her wings. "Alright!" She scampered off down the dark hallway, leaving Winter to his thoughts.

It was quiet in the cave he was placed in. There wasn't another dragon in the same hall as he was, making days and nights long for him.

Hearing talon steps near his cave, he perked up slightly, his wings raising as he puffed out his chest to seem larger.

"Now don't even think about doing that." A deep voice stated darkly.

A dark shadow loomed over Winter before he watched as none other than Darkstalker enter.

Winter remained standing as he was, pulling his wings up farther around him, ducking his head slightly to hide the skyfire embedded in his chest.

"What are you doing here?" He asked pointedly.

"You are a royal, well, more like was a royal-" He started, walking around Winter slowly.

"And I know the hatred you have towards that family of yours-"

"You know nothing!" Winter fired back, his temper rising slightly at the massive dragon before him.

"I know that you were cast aside, fighting to live everyday as one of them. I know that you despise the royal lineage that you call 'family'." He came and stood in front of him, Winter only looking at his chest.

"You care deeply for your brother, that is easy to see."

Winter glanced up at him, swallowing thickly.

"We are very much alike boy."

"Are you kidding? We are nothing alike! You are the monster here. You will al-" Immediate pain took over the side of his face, a searing feeling seeming to spread across his snout.

Darkstalker was glaring, his teeth bared as he stared down at Winter. He lowered his sharp talons, blue blood dripping off of them. His eyes followed the gash marks he made across his snout, just under his eye.

"Now you listen here." He growled out. "I am your new king. And you will respect me." His voice rose, but Winter's focus was gone, the pain in his face becoming worse.

"Why... Why are you doing this?" Winter's voice was hoarse and broken slightly as he tried to keep his breathing steady.

"Isn't it obvious?" Darkstalker grinned darkly. "I want revenge."

"Revenge on what?" Winter asked softly, his voice barely audible. "Everyone you knew is gone. There is nobody here to get revenge on. Please just let us go!" He begged, breathing heavier.

Darkstalker growled to him, causing a ripple of fear to coarse through Winter's veins. "There is one dragon left." He spoke in a deep and grave voice as he stepped closer to a cowering Winter.

Winter held fear in his mind as his mind whirled. "Don't hurt Moon." He whispered.

Darkstalker's facial features turned into a confused look. "Moonwatcher? Of course not!" He stepped back and growled. "I'm talking about someone who did me wrong all those years ago. Before I was imprisoned." He began pacing in front of Winter, his massive body blocking the entrance to the cave. "The one dragon who I thought I could trust."

Winter tilted his head, confused. "Who?"

Darkstalker growled, deep and low. "She is still alive. And I will hunt her down by the time it comes."

"Who is she?"

Darkstalker glared at the wall ahead, his whole body tense as the shadows from the caves only making him seem larger.

His voice came out deep, resentment and hatred dripping from his voice as he said one word.

"Clearsight."