No More Spirit(Moon)

Moonwatcher had avoided Darkstalker for a long while. Well. Her spirit at least. She had to figure things out by herself. So she wandered the long dark hallways, venturing from room to room. Occasionally she'd see shadow guards who paid no attention to her spiritual form.

But today was different. She kept feeling like something was pulling her. She couldn't quite figure it out until she felt the pull come harder against her. Something is wrong.

She floated quickly through corridors until she reached the prisoners caves. She slowed down as she passed the steel bars.

Moaning a groaning erked her. Moon hated hearing them in pain. The pull kept getting stronger until she reached Winter's cave.

Where Darkstalker and her body stood.

Winter looked weak as he stood in front of the massive dragon.

"Where is her spirit." Darkstalker growled.

Moon froze, fear filled her spirit and mind.

"I told you, I don't know." Winter equally replied with as much force as he could.

Moon noticed that his usual strong self was broken down and withered. His usual glowing scales were now dull. His wings hung and his breath seemed ragged. But to her, he looked perfect.

Moon scared herself by that thought.

"It's obvious you know. You two are practically mates." He spit the last word out like it was venom.

Moon watched curiously as to what Winter would respond with. But he had surprised her with his words.

"She is my mate. And I will protect her from monsters like you!" He breathed out heavily.

Darkstalker grew angry. "Then suffer the consequences." He turned to Moon's body. "I enchant this body to bring back the spirit of Moonwatcher. Release her from my curse."

Moon felt herself be ripped through the air as she reentered her body. Her body stumbled as she retained full control of it. Her wings draped heavily as did her head.

The small nightwing was barely able to look up at Winter when a searing pain hit her left wing.

Crack.

Darkstalker had his talons along her wing bone which was bent at an abnormal angle. He dropped her wing which hit the floor. She opened her mouth to scream but her mouth was so dry, no noise escaped.

"Listen hear little Moon. Your body has been released to you, but if either of you defy me again, you will face the consequences." He left Moon standing there with a shocked Winter.

Once his large dark figure had left the caves, Winter snapped out of it.

"Moon." He said with softness.

She picked her head up as her breathing was labored. The pain in her wing was unbearable. She was silent as her small figure stood under his.

"Moon." He said again as he tried to reach her, only to be restricted by the shackles around his limbs.

She had to concentrate to move her legs one by one.

Having her head down she ended up against his chest. Without missing a beat he had his wings wrapped around her form. Her wing dangled behind her and he was careful not to hurt her.

"Winter." Her meek voice was cracky but she was able to say that.

He had sighed in relief and buried his snout into the crook of her neck.

"I'm so sorry..." he whispered over and over.

Moon let him. She didn't know what to do, say. So she stayed pressed tightly against him. It felt right to be where she was. In his wings. For once in her life she felt at peace.

"I couldn't tell him where you were. It's my fault your hurt. I'm so sorry..." he trailed off.

Moon turned her head so she could whisper in his ear. She couldn't bear to see him look like this. Miserable and broken. She missed his stone facial expressions. She missed his smile.

"I heard what you said." Was all she said.

He picked his head up and scrunched his snout in confusion.

She struggled to continue with his icy blue gaze upon her.

"When you were defending me. About me being your..." she didn't know how to say it.

"... mate." She finished.

Even with his pale white scales she could see the blood leave his face.

He looked away but didn't say anything.

For some reason, Moon felt hurt at his reaction. She lowered her gaze and moved away from his hold on her.

"Never mind." She mumbled quietly.

Winter looked alarmed at her. "Wait Moon-" he was cut short.

Moonwatcher had moved from his reach.

"No. I get it. You're a prince. I'm a lousy nightwing. You should despise me." A tear slipped down her cheek as she spoke those words.

Winter was left speechless.

Moon took this as a sign to leave.

Turning she let her wings drag, but made sure her injured wing wouldn't be hurt any further.

"Moon-"

"I need to get back to Darkstalker." She felt a flood of anger rush through her. "Don't do anything to get me more hurt." She said rather aggressively towards the icewing prince.

She stood straighter and held her wings up higher as she walked out of the caves.

Leaving Winter there, broken and as helpless as before.