Egg (Snowrey)

Snowrey watched Darkstalker leave. He had returned the chains to her wrists and wings but left them a little loose. He seemed agitated and a little fidgety when he visited nowadays. She merely pushed it aside as stress from the tribes.

Snowrey laid down and lightly grazed her stomach with her talons. "You are going to have the best life, little one." She whispered.

She fiddled with the loose chains around her wrist. She saw what looked like a lock and poked at it for a minute. She turned her wrist left and right until she caught sight of the spikes in her tail. She pulled her arm down and used one of her spiked to try and unlock the chain.

Click

The shackled fell off with ease. It clattered to the ground and Snowrey held her breath, hoping no one would hear.

She waited for a moment before undoing the rest of the cusps, staying quiet and trying not to create a lot of noise.

She finally stood and stretched out her long wings. She smiled as she walked to the stone entrance. Everything seemed to grow warmer as She reached past the entrance.

Just a look around won't hurt. She thought as she carefully left the cave, crouching down on her sore legs.

She tried to avoid the shadow guards which proved to be hard considering her bright colors. She didn't want to be caught again with one. She shuttered at that thought but kept moving through the long corridors.

Stone, stone and more stone. Why can't he dress up the place at least. When I'm queen, I will redecorate it and at least make a few caves colder. She grinned at that and hid when she saw a shadow guard.

She kept moving until she reached the throne room. She had been here a few times with Darkstalker. She saw a large black throne that stood high up. No one was in the room so Snowrey scurried up the steps that led to the throne. She grazed her talons over the smooth stone.

Snowrey was about to explore more when she heard voices. She slipped behind the large throne and hid as she heard what sounded like two dragons entering the cave.

"I understand sir but the tribes are retaliating. We need more time." A male voice said pleadingly.

"We do not have time Nightmare." Darkstalker's voiced angrily, his voice sharp and clear in the room.

"Please sir. Your army of shadows isn't doing much. But your army of true dragons is growing. More and more are joining us sir. We just need more time." The dragon had raised his voice at the large nightwing. Snowrey was surprised. Dragons were joining his side. They were making an army to go against those who hadn't joined.

Snowrey flinched when she heard a loud slap. "Do not raise your voice at me Nightmare." Darkstalker boomed. It was silent for a moment. "Remember your place in my kingdom or I will make you remember. Now I need those tribes to surrender their lives or I will do exactly what I did to those lazy rainwings." He seethed. "Nobody will stand in my way of getting my kingdom." He finished slowly and deadly.

"Y-Yes sir." She heard talon steps quickly leave the cave.

What did he do to the rainwings. Snowrey wondered.

"I need those tribes under control when the eclipse happens. Then I will rule the tribes. And be at my utmost power." Darkstalker muttered to himself.

Snowrey heard him. What does the eclipse have to do with his powers? She had so many questions for him, but knew that she couldn't ask. He would know that she overheard him.

She waited a long time after he had left before leaving as well. She took a few turns before realizing she was lost.

She saw a few guards ahead and quickly ducked into a cave to hide.

She turned around to see several scrolls everywhere. She wandered around the room until she planted herself next to the map in the middle.

It only took her a few seconds to understand. He's been lying to me.

She turned when she saw Darkstalker entering. He looked up with confusion at her. "Snowrey?" He asked clearly confused.

Snowrey watched as the scrolls fell from his grasp.

"I trusted you. But you lied to me." She said softly. She didn't mask the hurt that played across her face. "You said you wouldn't hurt anyone. But it's clear that that was wrong." He remained silent as she moved to sit in front of him.

He was silent. "Snowrey?" He asked again.

She frowned at him. "Is that all you can say!?" She growled at him. "You promised me that you wouldn't hurt anyone." She whispered.

"I did! But then nobody would listen and I had to go about it another way." He tried to reason with her. His face showed confusion and sorrow.

Snowrey remembered something. "Why does it have to be done by the time the eclipse happens." She stated bitterly.

"You heard." He said looking down. "The eclipse takes away the soul of an animus for a short amount of time. I can use my power freely." He explained.

Snowrey didn't have time to yell at him for she fell the cave floor in agony.

Darkstalker was confused as he stood over her not knowing what to do.

Snowrey knew what was happening. But it was early.

"The egg." She whispered hoarsly.

Darkstalker sure enough had heard her as his eyes flitted to her stomach.

Snowrey felt the pain worse then. She struggled to keep her breathing.

"Darkstalker-" Her vision went black as she passed out from the pain.

Which left Darkstalker with an egg.

As black as night. With a single silver droplet that seemed to glow in the dark room.